A&H

WRCFA Coloured Shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Referee Store
Just seen a post on the junior league site I referee in and Sheffield & Hallamshire are sticking with all black kits for Step 7 and below.

Just seen a post on the junior league site I referee in and Sheffield & Hallamshire are sticking with all black kits for Step 7 and below.

A forward thinking county.....so no birthday present for you.

So in the Yorkshire Pool matches (with Assistants), we have BLACK for all three leagues but options of YELLOW for West Yorkshire matches and GREEN for York League matches. ERCFA have said BLACK is the only eligible top for their matches.

There you go @es1 @Darius - you know what your next birthday / Christmas presents are :)
exactly if you dont want to spend your match fees on looking smart, still dont get that, then ask people to buy them from santa

Any player complaining is pretty thick.
Black undershirt is fine with any colour ref's shirt

I want to be there when you explain to the players that you can wear undershirts that are a different colour to the shirt, but they can't. Match Control anybody?:facepalm::blackeye:

"pot calling the kettle black" is a good thought :dummy:

It doesn't cause an issue for us on the EFL @lincs22 - sometimes I do think we try to find issues where one doesn't exist.

It doesn't cause an issue for us on the EFL @lincs22 - sometimes I do think we try to find issues where one doesn't exist.

perhaps, but a lot of laws seem to be more relaxed at higher levels. you regularly see players with different coloured undershirt / shorts, sock tape and bands on their wrists.

i can imagine going to some of the supply and contrib teams around me and telling them they need to change their undershirt when they can see i'm wearing black under a yellow / green top. as @lincs22 says, it'll kill your match control.

unfortunately it's an area that observers are keen on so we need to get it right with the players. how can we do that effectively if we're not doing it as well?

Come down to the grassroots and do a game in your coloured top and black undershirt. Then tell Fred he cannot wear his black undershirt with a red shirt, as they don't make his size in a red undershirt. I can see you getting dissent before the game even starts. I am not looking for problems, they already exist and solutions are needed to be explained - like why don't EFL and EPL send players off for OFFINABUS language when it is clear shown on TV, or mass YC for crowding officials. Their inactions causes problems at the bottom of the game.

Reactions: es1
I'm presuming the focus here is on the sleeve colours, which is why you don't see the officials at the top wearing short sleeve tops with long sleeve undergarments - we were stopped from doing so years back.

A black shirt sleeve undergarment under a short sleeve refereeing top of any colour will not cause you any issues in match control!

I'm presuming the focus here is on the sleeve colours, which is why you don't see the officials at the top wearing short sleeve tops with long sleeve undergarments - we were stopped from doing so years back.

A black shirt sleeve undergarment under a short sleeve refereeing top of any colour will not cause you any issues in match control!

no i'm not on about sleeve colours, you way i wear my top and undershirt, you can see the collar of the undershirt under the top.

it may not be an issue at your level but it sure as hell will be at mine

I want to be there when you explain to the players that you can wear undershirts that are a different colour to the shirt, but they can't. Match Control anybody?:facepalm::blackeye:

"pot calling the kettle black" is a good thought :dummy:

Come down to the grassroots and do a game in your coloured top and black undershirt. Then tell Fred he cannot wear his black undershirt with a red shirt, as they don't make his size in a red undershirt. I can see you getting dissent before the game even starts. I am not looking for problems, they already exist and solutions are needed to be explained - like why don't EFL and EPL send players off for OFFINABUS language when it is clear shown on TV, or mass YC for crowding officials. Their inactions causes problems at the bottom of the game.

Big difference is, referees cannot commit a handling offence.
This is ignoring the simple fact referees are NOT playerd and are not bound by Law 4 PLAYERS' equipment. Which is why we can wear watches, glasses, and don't need shinpads
I'd expect a ref of your experience to be able to handle a smart arse player that tried to challenge you on this

Big difference is, referees cannot commit a handling offence.
This is ignoring the simple fact referees are NOT playerd and are not bound by Law 4 PLAYERS' equipment. Which is why we can wear watches, glasses, and don't need shinpads
I'd expect a ref of your experience to be able to handle a smart arse player that tried to challenge you on this

you are quite correct. however do you not see how hypocritical it is to ask a player to change when we're doing the same thing? yes, we'd be following the law book, but it will cause unnecessary issues during the kit checks

I looked into coloured undershirts, in case I need to get any for next season, seem to be able to get yellow and purple, but green seems to be fairly rare, however, I suspect it's just a case of looking in the right place.

As long as you don't want adidas or Nike shirts they're very reasonably priced.

Failing that, you could wear a sleeveless undershirt/vest.

Or, don't wear an undershirt at all.

i dont want to even consider the pain in my nips of not wearing an undershirt!

Same here.

But it seems people complaining about being unable to find the right coloured undershirt are just complaining because hey can.

Rhino do purple, green, and yellow undershirts.

I didn't check longseeve prices, but on the website I found them short sleeve undershirts were 17.99.

So disco are cheaper but didn't have green or purple

Reactions: es1
From Sheffield and Hallamshire CFA
Coloured Shirts 2017/18

The Sheffield and Hallamshire CFA have decided that match officials should NOT be allowed to wear
coloured shirts during season 2017/18. The reason for this was that the board’s concern about the
possible increased costs to grassroots referees who may have to purchase at least 3 various coloured
shirts at their own cost.

I can handle any smart arse, but an 18 year old doing his third line on a supply league doing the kit checks - can they? Especially with some g1t who had paid Contrib and now is not good enough but still has the mouth attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back