A&H

whistles

Everything.
Tone. Volume. Ergonomics. Flexibility.
Very often get a "f*ING hell ref" when players too close and has made its way into observation reports commenting on use and tone of whistle (positive) something I know I couldbt have done with any of the other whistles (fox40, sonik blast, acme thunderer all predecessors to the Valkeen.)
If anything happened to it I would pay the money to replace it in a heartbeat
I've lost a few of them and have always replaced mine
More recently, I bought a knock-off Valkeen as well which I keep forgetting to put to the test. Probably, it will be exactly the same
Surely, it's just a bit of plastic with a fairly precise shape. Otherwise though, the Valkeen is on a different level. That and the finger-grip changed my life

The Referee Store
I’d also prefer fox40 and alone with Fox 40 I’d suggest Storm All-Weather Safety Whistle
As it’s the loudest whistle on the market, and also has durable plastic construction.

I’d also prefer fox40 and alone with Fox 40 I’d suggest Storm All-Weather Safety Whistle
As it’s the loudest whistle on the market, and also has durable plastic construction.
Just ordered the Storm All Weather Safety Whistle after reading some reviews.
Let's see if that pesky striker still claims he didn't hear my whistle...

To each his own. I think the obsession with volume gets a bit carried away. Outside of a packked stadium, any of the whistles mentioned here (including the ones I don’t personally like) are plenty loud. Indeed, the fox40 was the primary whistle for stafium games prior to the Valkeen. i don’t do games in packed stadiums, so for me the bigger question is how much I can ”talk” with the whistle.

I've been tempted to get, and try, one of these as a back up.
The knock-offs I've tried are genuinely indistinguishable from the real thing. I have two genuine (lost one, replaced it, found the original) and four or five knock-offs. The only downside is the finger grip which is awful on the knock-offs. Fortunately the real ones come with three.

For those of us who are on a budget/have more sense than money (delete as appropriate ;)) there are off-brand versions of the Valkeen around for about a tenth of the price!

Thanks for this recommendation. I've been a Fox40 ref but thought I'd try a couple of these.

Used in a game today and my ears are still ringing now! They're very loud but the tone is still great. Well worth the £4 give or take

Scratch this recommendation...
Sounds great in a field by myself but according to my coach, the observer and both AR's, it sounds piss weak to everyone but myself!

Back to the trusty fox40 it is then! 😂
Quality control was likely the issue with the cheap copies, I got one and sounds near as good as the Valkeen, but it'll be luck of the draw if you get a decent one or a dud, unfortunately you got the dud.

Quality control was likely the issue with the cheap copies, I got one and sounds near as good as the Valkeen, but it'll be luck of the draw if you get a decent one or a dud, unfortunately you got the dud.
Talking about a different whistle. See his post he replied to.

Back