A&H

Where is offside?

The Referee Store
Do you let 13yo become assessors in the UK ? I'm starting to get really worried
You have to be 14 to become a referee, cannot achieve Level 7 until 16 and cannot be an assessor until you have credible experience as a referee (generally accepted as Level 5 or above) which would take the best candidate under 2 years, so unlikely to be an assessor before the age of 18.

@Yacinho and @MalB I am getting bored of this guys. You don't like each other, fine. Your petty bickering is going to result in warning points if this continues.

Let's not do that though eh?

Lol what did I do here ? He's seeking revenge because I put him in a difficult spot in the friendlies topic and to do so he's childishly quoting an old post of mine where I ask a question in order to show Brian that his post is wrong

Yacinho said: ↑

So if a player is in an offside position but commit the offence in his own half, the idfk for offside is in his own half?

Pal.... I've not found an old thread of yours for any other reason but to read a thread I was interested in.... I quoted yours (could've been anyone!) ...... simply because it appears that you think you can be offside in your own half!.... .....

It appears you can't read and understand a discussion properly, you're the only one here who understood that from my post.

Apparently, someone produced a stat that said if left long enough, and with enough interest and contribution, most forum posts across all forums (ie not just refchat) will end up blaming Hitler. This has been a really good discussion topic so far, and broadly on topic. It would be great if it could remain that way. :)

On topic, it is interesting that one of the most debated points of law, that I would hope we all understand in principle, causes so much debate regarding "where" the offence happened. I stand by it is where the PIAOP was when the ball was played, not where he is considered to have become active.

IFAB must have read this thread...

http://www.fifa.com/about-fifa/news...-the-field-application-law-offside-99799.html

In addition, the IFAB also agreed on the following clarification with regard to the position where the game restarts following an offside offence (Law 11 – Infringements/Sanctions):

"The restart of the game shall be with an indirect free kick taken from the initial place where the player was adjudged to be in an offside position."

Just had a quick peruse over this thread ..........why on earth are there 4 pages of argument on this .

Back