A&H

Whats the best watch?

Sam Brooks

Level 7 Referee
Hi all,

New to refereeing and just wondering what watch everybody has as looking to buy one over the summer.

The Referee Store
Casio rft-100 every time
This is the correct answer.

Casio RFT-100 as main watch. Garmin Forerunner 620 as secondary for fitness tracking.

I did try a Spintso. Nice device but unimpressive reliability: The buttons rusted up within a season.

Reactions: SM
Nearly the same as mewcenary - RFT100 as main watch (it is the king) plus a garmin forerunner 220

Quite hard to get hold of the casio RFT-100 though. Any idea where does them for a decent price? I currently use a cheapish (£20) vibrating alarm on my left hand counting down and an even cheaper (£10) watch on my right hand counting up. Seen as im also new to refereeing these do the trick for now

I find the Casio quite expensive. Anyone got any cheaper alternatives or prices for the watch?

Thanks

I've just (literally in the last half hour) had a Sprintso delivered. Purchased from Germany (the Allzweck ref kit site) It was EUR99.99 (compared with £99.99 on A&H) with postage of only EUR9. Placed the order on the 16th and it arrived in 5 days. Amazing.

I think with the exchange rate I saved about 13%.

It appears very functional it will be interesting to see how it performs on the pitch (twice a season I forget to restart my watches in the second half).

New Garmin VivoActive on its way too, I'm going to have all the gear (and no idea) in my Level 4 promotion push (fitness test passed, 2 assessments out the way so far).

Be interested to hear how long the spintso lasts, as I've heard nothing but bad things about them falling apart and breaking

I've a spintso and the rft-100 both decent refs watches the spintso is a bit big the one I have is the one with the black buttons it's supposed to stop them rusting up, I've used it once lol

Rft-100 on one arm and polar on the another

Spintso from A & H , counts down and up plus adds injury time all at one touch and at £49 a bargain too

Back