A&H

What Other Hobbies/Interests Do You Have Apart From Refereeing?

I feel so sorry for you ;) How have Hasselbaink and El Khayti been getting on since they left the mighty Brewers?

We're the drawiest team, in the most drawiest division in the country - to steal another fan's joke - we draw more than Tony Hart used to, so this season has ben a bit of a let down really.

Think JFH is getting there, but there'll be another big clear out in the summer so who knows what next seson will bring.

El Khayti (& Wasihngton) haven't been given loads of game time, but both look promising.

The Referee Store
Drastically cut back on the other stuff in honesty, largely for the sake of my daughter since her Mum and I split, and the fact I'm doing an MA in International Relations. The course actually meets a lot of my "hobby" items - research and study, writing etc.

Used to write a local RA newsletter, was Press Officer for a league, Treasurer for an RA, and wrote light-hearted training presentations for RAs.

When the MA is done, I'm looking to go back to my fiction writing and looking to perhaps get published.

Not a great deal between work and everything else.

I want to seriously get back into my fitness training, but getting into the mood after an hours drive home from work is difficult.

Genrally, when I'm not out with the Mrs I'm learning various computer programming related things, at the moment I'm doing SQL, C# and ASP.Net. Though I'm not sure if that counts as a hobby or just being a bit of a nerd

Outside of full time work, which is turning building services designs (pipes, boilers, radiators, electrics etc) into a co-ordinated 3d computer model, 12 year old twins, dad cabs including son's football training/matches and keeping my lovely wife of 15 years happy, not much time for anything thing else...

Love listening to music (a bit of everything, have a varied taste), a bit of GTA5 occasionally when the kids are not around to help stress relief, watching films etc. Do enjoy venturing out a visiting new places, home and abroad as and when finances and weather allows. Better still when a trip out somewhere results in a pub lunch/dinner! :)

In between working part time in retail and studying on the path to hopefully becoming a solicitor, I don't really have too much time for hobbies! :cry:

The spare time I do have is mainly spent at City matches or refereeing. I'm also part of a ten pin bowling team one night per week!

Currently living in New York so when I'm not working or reffing (and that is a significant portion of my time!) you'll either find me in a bar, hungover, eating far too much delicious food or at a Knicks game

Right here we go and yes I do sleep sometimes...

Football - Level 5 referee (retiring at the end of the season after 16 years in the black), Level 3 tutor, Contributory and Supply League (and soon to be international) assessor, mentor, Fixture Secretary and Respect Officer (local Sunday League), District FA Secretary and Vice President of my local Referees Association.

Non-football - Complaints Manager for a High St bank (my second stint with them), gym 3 times a week (except when football interferes), gigs (usually at least half a dozen a year) and festivals (one a year), dad to 5 (only 1 of school age), granddad to 2 (soon to be 3), cinema (science fiction mainly), comic reader (mainly Batman and Superman, but not as much as when I was young), Xbox player (GTA V, CoD, Skyrim, LA Noire and occasionally Halo), holidays (love Greece) and drinking, but not as much as I used to.

In the past I have been a clubber (6 nights a week), blogger (that got me into trouble), forum moderator and serial womaniser but I've been tamed.

outside of refereeing and work? hmmm ... I'm either playing 5-a-side with my pals, in the gym or over West Ham! used to be a bit of a petrol head but seemed to have backed off a little since I got with the missus! 8 cars in 6 years driving is enough for anyone to go mad ... done everything from whole engine upgrades, to tuning, interior rip outs and cutting speakers into rear seats! some fun weekends were had!

once I've paid my current car off in November I'm looking to move onto motorbikes and get my license ...

Studying for my 4 A levels at the moment and learning to drive.
Alongside Reffing I'm on the county youth council and undertake observations for new Refs and help deliver the training sessions we put on.
Was Boxing and coaching the young boxers until this season when time ran out to fit it all in and it hurts more when you can't train as much.
Play cricket in the summer and for a bit of down time play the drums and lead guitar (but not at the same time), did play in a group but reffing got in the way so that had to go.
Gym 3 times a week.

Right here we go and yes I do sleep sometimes...

Football - Level 5 referee (retiring at the end of the season after 16 years in the black), Level 3 tutor, Contributory and Supply League (and soon to be international) assessor, mentor, Fixture Secretary and Respect Officer (local Sunday League), District FA Secretary and Vice President of my local Referees Association.

Non-football - Complaints Manager for a High St bank (my second stint with them), gym 3 times a week (except when football interferes), gigs (usually at least half a dozen a year) and festivals (one a year), dad to 5 (only 1 of school age), granddad to 2 (soon to be 3), cinema (science fiction mainly), comic reader (mainly Batman and Superman, but not as much as when I was young), Xbox player (GTA V, CoD, Skyrim, LA Noire and occasionally Halo), holidays (love Greece) and drinking, but not as much as I used to.

In the past I have been a clubber (6 nights a week), blogger (that got me into trouble), forum moderator and serial womaniser but I've been tamed.

You must need something to occupy your spare time though Brian? :rolleyes:

First of all bravo @Kes what a good idea!!!
My wife and I love a good walk with the dog (and kids if they can be bothered), we have a caravan in Anglesey so do a few good costal walks in the summer that involves a compulsory stop at, at least one pub. Our other love is food, cooking it but more importantly eating it so we like to frequent good eateries as often as we can.

Back