A&H

What do you wear.................

mikedn

Referee/Mentor
What are you wearing when you turn up for a match, suit?casuals?tracksuit,trainers? and i mean the Sunday League matches....

The Referee Store
On a Sunday I'd in my kit under my tracksuit, depends on the facilities at the ground.

Then if it had a decent shower and changing room I'd use there's get changed in to my normal stuff the head the pub.

depending on the dressing room facilitys ,either a suit, blazer with the sfa or local association tie or a referee badged tracksuit jacket sweatshirt, as my brother once told me you never get a second chance to make a first impression

I wear my kit under my tracksuit, as changing rooms are never warm enough but i was considering wearing trousers,shirt,tie and decent pair shoes....like was said first impressions...........

I wear my kit under my tracksuit, as changing rooms are never warm enough but i was considering wearing trousers,shirt,tie and decent pair shoes....like was said first impressions...........

For Sunday league football going in a smart tracksuit is more than enough to make a good first impression.

True. but methinks is you don't know who else is hanging about...like official from local F.A. local reporter blah ! blah! don't want picture of me in paper looking scruffy :)

One of my Sunday Leagues have given all refs an embodied polo shirt - it helps us get recognised when arrive (League rules say we should be 'met' on arrival)

For my other League I go with @Jacko - kit under smart (black) tracksuit

That's good that your league has done that.

Very impressive. Little touches like that make you feel valued and more likely to stay on a league I think.

For my sunday league there is NEVER changing rooms for me so i wear an expedia badged tracksuit with shorts underneath, ill warm up in my training shirt and change into my match shirt. For Everton academy ill wear a suit and LCFA tie

Usually shirt and SFA tie, ocassionally a bit more casual dependent on whether or not im coming straight from work or another match

For my sunday league there is NEVER changing rooms for me so i wear an expedia badged tracksuit with shorts underneath, ill warm up in my training shirt and change into my match shirt. For Everton academy ill wear a suit and LCFA tie

Warm up? I just have the heating on full wack and wear my thermals on a Sunday this time of year. That's what the first half is for to warm up isn't it?

Here in Canada (Ontario to be specific), there's a dress code laid out for certain competitions.

The higher profile the competition, the better you have to dress, from full suit (with tie) at the top levels to "business casual" at mid-range levels (a golf shirt and slacks, no jeans). For local games (similar to Sunday league I think), some refs show up in their uniform, some change at field-side into it.

I am experimenting with the "robin Friday" look. Thick fur coat, cowboy boots and nothing else.

Makes an impact :D

Some days I dress less formally.

In here I would probably be reported if I'd turn up in a ground in tracksuit and would expect 2 to 3 games suspension and some penalty points for my final season grade.

What's a changing room??? I just wear my kit, maybe under a tracksuit top depending on the weather :)

In here I would probably be reported if I'd turn up in a ground in tracksuit and would expect 2 to 3 games suspension and some penalty points for my final season grade.
what country do you referee in. sorry just seen its france, i like how you are told how to dress it means every referee has to make an effort

Back