A&H

What do you like in a Kit?

Greeny

Level 4 Referee
As some of you may know, i am developing my own set of buzzer flags which SHOULD be on the market within 12 months, and i was thinking of designing a kit and other accessories as well, to get rid of the faults on existing products on the market. This is all a "Designed and made by refs, for refs" company.

So, can you comment what you would like to see in the kit and any other ref accessories or what issues you have with existing products

Cheers, and GO WILD!!:D

The Referee Store
Sounds great :)

For a card wallet, I would like one that is really easy to put the pencil in but still holds it well - elasticated would be excellent. The wallet I have atm is a right pain in the backside to get the pencil to fit in the plasticky bit.

I personally hate Velcro pockets on kits. I would prefer either or zip or nothing with a quite a deep pocket so nothing falls out.

If I think of anything else I'll post here :)

1.) I like plenty of pockets that should be easy to access
E.G. I bought an adidas kit and the pockets were open at the front like a pair of jeans so you can just slip your hand into it easily whereas the Umbro respect ones are really far round so your hand has to move back past your hip to get into it.

2.) Some winter gloves that have enough grip on them to be able to write with etc. I have a pair but they are really chunky and impractical.

I'll post other ideas as and when they come to me.

What are you doing this for anyway? School thing or new business?

A cheap easy to use substitute board? They can't be that hard to make, all they are is lights and number combinations :confused: (says me with my amazing knowledge of technology and building stuff:p)

As some of you may know, i am developing my own set of buzzer flags which SHOULD be on the market within 12 months, and i was thinking of designing a kit and other accessories as well, to get rid of the faults on existing products on the market. This is all a "Designed and made by refs, for refs" company.

So, can you comment what you would like to see in the kit and any other ref accessories or what issues you have with existing products

Cheers, and GO WILD!!:D

Without crushing your idea completely, all these existing companies are "Designed and made by refs, for refs" companies. Nike work with the PGMOL, A&H is owned by a referee from the London FA and this refstore guy is a Level 4 from the sounds of it! Also at the miinute the market seems to be fairly saturated as people see a 'great opportunity' after the folding of Official Sports UK a couple of years ago. If I were you concentrate on the buzzers, there are only a few brands on the market. ErvoCom, Touchline and Signal Bip ebing extremely pricey. RefsCall are reasonably priced but still usually retailing at around £180 so by no means cheap. If you could get a set going for around £100, (I'd aim for £99) you could be onto a winner!

1.) I like plenty of pockets that should be easy to access
E.G. I bought an adidas kit and the pockets were open at the front like a pair of jeans so you can just slip your hand into it easily whereas the Umbro respect ones are really far round so your hand has to move back past your hip to get into it.

2.) Some winter gloves that have enough grip on them to be able to write with etc. I have a pair but they are really chunky and impractical.

I'll post other ideas as and when they come to me.

What are you doing this for anyway? School thing or new business?

Sure, that sound good, and i agree with you on the pockets front.
This is a new business thing as i am the sort of person who gets bored so quickly unless I'm doing something and after my last time-taking-up-thing, i thought go this and i thought, "why not give it a go!"

A cheap easy to use substitute board? They can't be that hard to make, all they are is lights and number combinations :confused: (says me with my amazing knowledge of technology and building stuff:p)

Great idea, i'll look into it over half term-next week- as i have geography and history gcse's on thurs and fri so should be revising for them!! lol :p;)

what about a really cheap comms set too, again they should be fairly easy to make I think??
Will look into it. I had a look at them earlier in the season, and my ideas were not practical, but i will have a look at the electrics and see how i go!

In other words, @HullRef is coming up with ideas that are based around anything that is electric and expensive!!:D:D But I agree with them all!

I think that the front short pockets should be nice and deep and wide, whereas the back short and front shirt should be nice and tight becuase these are the ones which can fall out easily.
Good luck with your project!

light, aired kit. Hate the valcro pocket ideas if I'm being honest.

I can't wait to see your flag idea mind. I was also looking at something similar... but I'll leave that to you.

I like @HullRef's idea of a cheap comms kit.

We're also designing our own accessories at the minute. We're looking at getting our own branded match wallets, flip coin, write on cards, cards etc. etc. @Greeny... We'd be willing to incorporate you in the ideas if you'd like to be involved, and if it was something you'd be interested. Drop us a message mate.

Will post pics of the v1 design of the kit soon. I will then only have to find a manufacturer that doesn't want ridiculous prices, and then it is all systems go. Maybe some of these items could be sold on the REFCHAT STORE. eh, @Ross !!!!

Will post pics of the v1 design of the kit soon. I will then only have to find a manufacturer that doesn't want ridiculous prices, and then it is all systems go. Maybe some of these items could be sold on the REFCHAT STORE. eh, @Ross !!!!
I'm sure we could arrange something :)

Back