A&H

What are our thoughts on this?

Neither is a karate kick to the chest......or a knee high tackle.......what's your point?

Kicks or tackles an opponent using excessive force covers both of these in the LOTG. There is no specific mention of karate kicks or knee high tackles and therefore you can only send of if they are done with excessive force. Likewise there is no mention of two-footed tackles. If every single one should be considered a red - as you insist - then it could easily be in the LOTG.

nothing to do with disagreeing with me.....everything to do with recognising the basic physics of what happens when both feet leave the floor......recognising the player is out of control and can no longer do anything about what happens next.......recognising that in close proximity to an opponent it's inherently dangerous......

Whether you think its caution ( you'd be wrong by the way) or a red, you have to recognise the basic danger in tackling like that......?
It is perfectly possible to tackle an opponent, particularly from the side, with both feet off the ground without the tackle even being a foul, let alone a red card. It depends on a number of factors one of which, as you suggest, is proximity to the opponent. To simply say that every challenge in which both feet leave the ground should result in a dismissal is, in my opinion, wrong.
I don't disagree that, despite the poor quality of the video, the challenge in the OP should probably result in a red but you are conflating that challenge with all challenges leading to what I believe is an unnecessarily black and white view.

The Referee Store
Back