A&H

Watches

svenny76

RefChat Addict
What do people have on on each watch.

I have a 45 minute count down on one and just a normal time on the other, but then I struggle to work out timings of goals scored quickly

Would I be better off having a count down and a stop watch on the other??

Thoughts??

The Referee Store
I have the Spintso as my 'main' watch on left wrist, this runs a count-up and a count down plus the other bells and whistles. I also run a Casio on the right wrist which could be either a countdown or count-up - this runs continuously.

Spot and start the Spintso during the game, but the Casio on right gives me a 'buzz' after 45, so I get a heads up that the half is nearing the end - then I blow up on the Spintso timer a couple of minutes later.

So one count up and one count down then Matty, yeah??
Loosely speaking yes, but I don't actually think of it like that TBH.

The Spintso does both - there are two displays on the face. The Casio does either but I never look at that one during the game, just start it and leave it.

If I didn't have the Spintso, then I would probably have countdown running on the main watch, which I stop/start when required, and count-up on the 2nd watch which runs continuous.

I guess you got to find a system that works for you and you are comfortable with.

I run both 00-45, letting left run and stopping/starting right one. Reset both at the half-time whistle, and start one again to measure half-time.

Then run both again from 00-45 for the second half (and reset again for extra time if necessary).

Whatever works for YOU is the right decision.

At the moment, I use left counting down from 45 and right up from 00. I start/stop the up one, meaning when my down one beeps, we're starting additional time. Intending to get Spintso soon though!

Svenny, as has been said, whatever works for you. I have a countdown on my right which beeps when it reaches 0 and the counts up. I have a stopwatch on my left which I use to count stoppages. When the right one beeps I look to the left to see how much to add on. Whistle goes when the right one counts up to the amount of stoppage time. Horses for courses. When I have a spare hundred notes I might try the Spintso.

Amazon have the RFT-100 for only £30 at the moment. Saw it and although I already use one, I've bought a second for spare/second wrist. I think its a great bit of kit and I can't justify £100+ for the Spintso at the moment.

I use a Garmin Forerunner 410, fantastic piece of kit as it's actually a running watch. Allows me to accurately overlay my positioning at any given moment in a game on top of a satellite image of the pitch itself. I can see also see how far I've run, and what pace etc, to get in (or not get in!) position for key decisions.

They're not cheap, but I would seriously recommend a GPS watch as an investment.

Amazon have the RFT-100 for only £30 at the moment. Saw it and although I already use one, I've bought a second for spares /second wrist. I think its a great bit of kit and I can't justify £100+ for the Spintso at the moment.

Well the RFT-100 has arrived, how the hell do you use it??!!!!! What functions for what job do you use??

Cheers

I have the rft-100 and really like it. Before I bought it I watched this video:

Really explains it well

Hope this helps

Matty

That video pretty much sums it up. You'll use it and the functions in a way that suits you best but for the record I have it like this:

Left wrist: Stopwatch with the 'alert' set on 45 minutes. Any stoppages yellow button pressed which stops the top timer. Press again when play resumes. On 45 mins (bottom, non-stopping timer) it vibrates and informs that time up. I then play till top timer reaches 45. That kind of sounds complicated but it isn't. Its much simpler doing.

Right wrist: other watch with 45 min countdown timer. Start at KO and it runs constantly. Only look at it when players ask "how long to go ref".

I also have it on silent, i.e. just vibrate. Not a fan of bleeping as I could cause issues if heard by players and give them ammo to moan "time up ref" etc

Final thing for night games you can set the light to come on automatically every time you look at the watch. Only used this once but it seemed like a pretty handy feature.

I am a convert to the rft100 this season. Awesome watch. Set the stop watch for 45 minutes and away you go! Right wrist has a sigma heart rate monitor watch which also displays time elapsed.

Back