A&H

Watches

Thanks guys, some great advice as always.

Wow the dizzy heights of night games!!!
I'm looking forward to my first game where I don't have to walk 2 miles to the pitch from the changing rooms!!

The Referee Store
That video pretty much sums it up. You'll use it and the functions in a way that suits you best but for the record I have it like this:

Left wrist: Stopwatch with the 'alert' set on 45 minutes. Any stoppages yellow button pressed which stops the top timer. Press again when play resumes. On 45 mins (bottom, non-stopping timer) it vibrates and informs that time up. I then play till top timer reaches 45. That kind of sounds complicated but it isn't. Its much simpler doing.

Right wrist: other watch with 45 min countdown timer. Start at KO and it runs constantly. Only look at it when players ask "how long to go ref".

I also have it on silent, i.e. just vibrate. Not a fan of bleeping as I could cause issues if heard by players and give them ammo to moan "time up ref" etc

Final thing for night games you can set the light to come on automatically every time you look at the watch. Only used this once but it seemed like a pretty handy feature.

For the stopwatch with alert set, can you alter the time the alert goes off at?

For the stopwatch with alert set, can you alter the time the alert goes off at?

Yep you can. In stopwatch mode hold the "Adjust" button for a couple of seconds. Display changes to "TGT" with the number of minutes below. Change the time by using the right side buttons for up/down. When target time is correct press the "Adjust" button again and your alert is set.

Well the RFT-100 has arrived, how the hell do you use it??!!!!! What functions for what job do you use??

Cheers
Thanks for the video. Got the watch for christmas and aaas setting it up and couldn't work out how to stop the stopwatch- its been running ever since!!!!! :p:eek:
ps the instruction booklet is useless!!!

Picked up a Casio Chronograph about 25 years ago from a roofing supplies firm in central Oxford, they were advertised as being building site proof!

Still got it, works brilliantly still, had several new batteries obviously and a new strap, but the watch itself has never misted up, or buttons fallen off etc. I use that to start/stop with it counting down with my 2nd running in free time which is only stopped at half/full time. It's handy to 'show' players/managers if they crib about it " Here you are, It's taken us XX minutes to actually play 45"

I like many referees umpire cricket in the summer and obtained my 'shatter-proof' light reacting sun glasses from the same roof supplier, goes to show what can be found for a better price away from sports suppliers if you take time to look (you'll be amazed how often the ball comes straight back at you - with interest - when umpiring at the bowling end, hence the safety glasses)

Not an advert! Other brands are available!!.........(sorry admin lol)

Back