A&H

Visual Representation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once you find a method that works, then stick to it. You don’t want to be in a situation where you need a card quickly and can’t find it.

my set up is:

2 watches
Casio 2006 World Cup, main watch left wrist, two stopwatches on screen one can be stopped for injuries other continues counting.
Casio referee timer on right wrist, stopwatch runs continuously, got this watch when started refereeing 20+ years ago, few battery changes but still going strong.

Match card, no fancy stuff, a lined index card with my own lines drawn on. Top section team names and colours. Next two sections, first half goals and second half goals, enough space for recording scorer and time when required. Plenty of space for misconduct underneath, normally just record number, time and offence. Bottom bit of card has space for subs.

Matchcard goes in wallet and into shirt right pocket with pencil. Main yellow goes in right shorts. Main red in shirt left, spare red and yellow in back shorts. Spare pencils in other pockets.

Most cautions and sending offs are card straight out the pocket, shown and then book out and record when clear to do so. If it‘s a heated game and I want to slow it down then it will be book out, take time to note, card shown, then card away and book away. But mostly the first way.

Main whistle is a valkeen on a finger grip, it was pricey but been using it since 2014,EADDD74C-95DC-4376-A8DD-FA334287DF1C.jpeg spare whistle is two fox 40s clipped together.

The Referee Store
With no expectations here to take names, I keep my main cards loose in pockets: yellow in front right and red in back right. My spares are in the ref wallet, which lives in my left front pocket with a pen clipped inside. I don’t like the game forms that come with the wallets, and made my own. Three columns (middle very small. Home team is left column, visitors right; anything happens, minute goes in the middle column and event goes under the team.) Spare pen in one front shirt pocket and flipping coin and a mini wallet in the other (the mini wallet also has pregame bullet points, which I rarely actually look at. I have a variety of whistle pairs; I hold one and the spare goes in the back left pocket. (Most often I use a fox mini or a dolfin.)

After getting thoroughly drenched a few years ago, I bought a space pen and waterproof notebook—was surprisingly inexpensive on Amazon. I keep them in my bag and use them when it rains—which isn’t often here in Southern California.

• Watches - One Garmin Fenix 5 with the Referee Watch app (primary), one Limit digital watch (backup - fits very well under a wristband)
  • Coin - usually a red and black or yellow and black disk. I can have a laugh with the captains if they call "heads" or "tails". Plus, if I referee a game with teams speaking different languages, it's easy for the captain to point to the side he wants to call.
  • Cards - Two large cards. Yellow in front right shirt pocket, red in back right pocket. I keep my spares in my game card holder (see below)
  • Whistles - I always carry a Fox 40 Epix with a wrist lanyard in my left back pocket as a spare as a referee and as an assistant. I have two different combos I use when in the center, each hooked on a fingergrip. One is a Kakapo / Acme Tornado 635 combo (my normal outdoor combo), the other is a Acme Thunder/Fox Fuzion combo (I usually use this for indoor games).
  • Match information - I use a reusable game card with a small pencil. This allows me to write in any weather condition. I keep the game card and a piece of notebook paper in this card holder. Yes, it's a little pricey, but it protects my game card, allows me to carry an additional piece of notebook paper for other match reporting items, and forces me to slow down some issuing cautions since I sometimes need to flip the card to record information if the team is on the backside. It gets hot in the United States Midwest from May-September, so the card holder keeps any writing from smearing or disappearing with sweat on the card.

Last edited:
  • Watches - One Garmin Fenix 5 with the Referee Watch app (primary), one Limit digital watch (backup - fits very well under a wristband)
  • Coin - usually a red and black or yellow and black disk. I can have a laugh with the captains if they call "heads" or "tails". Plus, if I referee a game with teams speaking different languages, it's easy for the captain to point to the side he wants to call.
  • Cards - Two large cards. Yellow in front right shirt pocket, red in back right pocket. I keep my spares in my game card holder (see below)
  • Whistles - I always carry a Fox 40 Epix with a wrist lanyard in my left back pocket as a spare as a referee and as an assistant. I have two different combos I use when in the center, each hooked on a fingergrip. One is a Kakapo / Acme Tornado 635 combo (my normal outdoor combo), the other is a Acme Thunder/Fox Fuzion combo (I usually use this for indoor games).
  • Match information - I use a reusable game card with a small pencil. This allows me to write in any weather condition. I keep the game card and a piece of notebook paper in this card holder. Yes, it's a little pricey, but it protects my game card, allows me to carry an additional piece of notebook paper for other match reporting items, and forces me to slow down some issuing cautions since I sometimes need to flip the card to record information if the team is on the backside. It gets hot in the United States Midwest from May-September, so the card holder
I had a Garmin Fenix 5S
It was never the same after I stuck my hands and arms in cement to mix it up
A few months later, I steeped it in some acid to get rid of the residue
A few days later, it stopped working

I've now bought a Garmin Instinct, which the manufacturer claims will be more robust
I guess we'll see about that ;)

3C3F9AE4-5657-438A-AC2D-B1A191B21E3E.jpeg
added 2 new things to the collection.
The sorter from Ebay for a tenner and a Dolfin F was a few quid from Amazon. Loving the Dolfin already.

Sprintso Watch
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active
Fox Classic
Yellow Card (with SinBin reminder celotaped on)
Red Card
2p Coin
Buzzer Flags
Small Record Waterproof Card
2 pens 2 pencils.
Chewing gum.

Sprintso Watch
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active
Fox Classic
Yellow Card (with SinBin reminder celotaped on)
Red Card
2p Coin
Buzzer Flags
Small Record Waterproof Card
2 pens 2 pencils.
Chewing gum.

waterproof from anywhere specific?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back