A&H

VERY last minute game - eventful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PinnerPaul

RefChat Addict
Supposed to be AR at County Cup Semi today - got to the ground and got a text from referee 40 mins before kick off saying he wasn't coming.

Other AR arrived 10 mins before kick off, so I was ref.

Just the 4 cautions, 1 red card (VC) plus extra time AND 2 mins from the end of e/t, ball smashes into my face, breaking arm of my glasses!

Mrs PP super glued them when I got home - off to the opticians tomorrow. U23 line tomorrow night - lets hope it IS a line this time!

The Referee Store
So... If a ref cries off, do you just go ahead with one linesman? Who does the other line?

I have never taken part in a game where the ref or linesman wore glasses
Kinda hard to force a player to remove theirs if you are wearing yours.
Thats no doubt been covered before I guess
I know if I was referee and my AR wanted to wear glasses I would stand him/her down from the game
I guess its different from country to country.

I have never taken part in a game where the ref or linesman wore glasses
Kinda hard to force a player to remove theirs if you are wearing yours.
Thats no doubt been covered before I guess
I know if I was referee and my AR wanted to wear glasses I would stand him/her down from the game
I guess its different from country to country.

So you'd go without an AR just because they wore glasses? Ridiculous.

I wear glasses (at the moment, I'm going to go back to lenses). Observer had no issue with that yesterday and nor should he. Though I'm just starting out.

Player and ref equipment is different. They're playing a contact sport, we're not. Unless we are very unfortunate...

I wont allow anyone to wear anything that I deem dangerous
Players or officials
The LOTG make an exception for a watch
Each of course to their own

I wont allow anyone to wear anything that I deem dangerous
Players or officials
The LOTG make an exception for a watch
Each of course to their own

Given the laws now specifically allow players to wear spectacles you would be 100% wrong unless you deemed them as dangerous. I know several referees who wear spectacles that are deemed safe for sport, there is no issue and nothing to see here.

Yes sports specs are fine. A pair of specs such as standard reading glasses are not
Remind me of any top level officials we saw this weekend avec glasses.....

Yes sports specs are fine. A pair of specs such as standard reading glasses are not
Remind me of any top level officials we saw this weekend avec glasses.....

That isn't what you said though, you said anyone wearing spectacles wouldn't be allowed to play or be your assistant. I know of two referees who wear spectacles because they can't wear contact lenses for medical reasons - are you suggesting you wouldn't allow them to officiate? Pretty sure Edgar Davids was the same when he played towards the end of his career, this he had glaucoma so couldn't wear lenses and had to wear specs.

Wrap round sport spex or sports glasses, ideal
From the post I read, the guy was just wearing run of the mill glasses

If officials wish to officiate with normal specs, well, i have never been involved in a game where any of the 3/4 wore normal specs.

I have never seen a tv game or pics of a senior game with referee in normal glasses

And no, I would not allow my AR to take part in the game with normal specs.

As with most referee matters, a lot of it is what works best for you.

Me? Am classing that as off topic. If you start a new topic on that then thats a whole new ball game

Why is it "off topic"?

Because you've suddenly realised what a ridiculous statement you made earlier and, again, are desperately trying to backtrack away from it?

Grow a pair and answer the question......

You seem to be intent on starting personal online wars with me
Sorry am not up for amusing you.

Show or name me one Premiership official with standard glasses on
Or anyone out the 200 or so officials at this years WC

I am not claiming to be expert on glasses other than if its not sports specs or wrap round types, then, its not happening on my game.

You seem to be intent on starting personal online wars with me
Sorry am not up for amusing you.

Show or name me one Premiership official with standard glasses on
Or anyone out the 200 or so officials at this years WC

Your point is? Oh I know...off topic! As we are not talking about an official at the WC or in the PGMOL.....we are talking officials are grassroots level.....of which many many wear glasses.

So you have to do a glasses inspection now on team officials?? When did that come in?? :rolleyes:
I've certainly asked a few players if they were wearing sports glasses and to a man they 'said' that they all were but I must admit I never considered asking team officials!! New one on me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back