A&H

VERY last minute game - eventful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway back to the game, my assistant thought I was 'superb' - he wouldn't have said that if I wasn't wearing my glasses!:p:p:D

The Referee Store
Out of interest, did the clubs have to decide on someone to act as your other assistant?

I have to say I’ve never done a game where one of the officials hasn’t turned up without a replacement being assigned.

Out of interest, did the clubs have to decide on someone to act as your other assistant?

I have to say I’ve never done a game where one of the officials hasn’t turned up without a replacement being assigned.

See above - yes used CAR - one from each club each half (Positioned on own defensive line), appointed AR stayed on bench side.

As appointed ref only text me 40 mins before ko to pull out, no time to get another neutral AR.

A mate of mine missed an absolute stonewall penalty. When the team appealed he shouted "sorry, I didn't see it! I haven't got my glasses on!"
I wouldn't recommend this - They went bananas!

I wear glasses for TV and driving, have done since I was 16 years of age.

At the time I first started refereeing I wore prescription sunglasses, only comment I have had was a light hearted "ref thinks he's one of the blue's brothers". :D

When I did the course, a few of us in the class including me were wearing glasses. I had already decided at this point to get contact lenses for refereeing having done a game when the heavens opened up shortly after kick off. RDO spoke to those of us with specs and said that there was absolutely nothing in the laws of the game to stop us wearing glasses during a game and it was up to us if we did or not, but he personally wouldn't advise it purely from a potential credibility point of view!

People will complain regardless and don't really care what people think, but still arrive at games with lenses already in, if anything to remove one potential stick for the uneducated to beat me with!

At the time I first started refereeing I wore prescription sunglasses, only comment I have had was a light hearted "ref thinks he's one of the blue's brothers". :D
The same sunglasses as the ones in your avatar? If you were wearing the rest of the outfit from your avatar, I wont blame them :)

Senior competitions generally have a rule about what happens if one of the three officials doesn't arrive or becomes incapacitated (I know, my injury record meant I needed to ... :(). For contrib games if one official goes down the two clubs must agree on a replacement junior assistant. They will do a tannoy announcement, but if that doesn't find anyone suitable they have to agree on whoever (coach, supporter, passer by, etc). If the two clubs don't agree then the game must be completed with the two remaining officials.

Yeah, I had a Bostik dev match where I was down to be senior AR and the other AR failed to turn up. Referee had a discussion with the home manager, who mentioned a parent that had helped out before. The guy was more than happy to help out and the referee made the decision to essentially use him as a full junior AR - had him in the dressing room with us pre/post match and at half time, and stuck with keeping him on the junior line (away from the benches) for both halves.

I wasn't quite sure that was the "correct" way to do it - would have been a good time to be able to run a half following RB's, to keep him on the far line but always following his own defenders perhaps? Or alternately, the above suggestion of each side supplying someone for a half of the game. But to be fair to the guy, he did a pretty good job and more importantly, was very eager to help out and work hard.

Is the two-whistle system ever used in Britain? The high school leagues here in the States allow a two referee squad, but only because high schools are under a variation of USSF LOTG.

Is the two-whistle system ever used in Britain? The high school leagues here in the States allow a two referee squad, but only because high schools are under a variation of USSF LOTG.

Unless I'm mistaken the only way we could ever do that here is in Futsal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back