A&H

VAR Farce

What, they didn't give a goal for that? Would happen in England as goal line technology would immediately flag that, no need for VAR.
Yes, the Australian association (or the A-League itself now it has become independent) decided to fork out the funds to pay for the hawk-eye lines for offside, but not for GLT. Weird situation, not sure it makes jobs any easier, considering this is the second time in three games this has happened here.

The Referee Store
OK one more from me

Sat down to watch the BBC's FA Cup highlights programme yesterday and the presenter opens with the words

"Welcome to the 1st round etc etc etc....no VAR decisions to worry about in the FA Cup 1st round"

You know what, I thought, good I can actually just enjoy the football for a change!

Yes, the Australian association (or the A-League itself now it has become independent) decided to fork out the funds to pay for the hawk-eye lines for offside, but not for GLT. Weird situation, not sure it makes jobs any easier, considering this is the second time in three games this has happened here.

In the US, MLS is also using VAR, but not GLT. (I think the reasoning is that GLT rarely comes into play, whereas VAR issues are more common, and VAR can help on goal line calls, though not as precisely as GLT.)

Back