A&H

Utd Spuds

santa sangria

RefChat Addict
I know they are playing at breakneck speed but the first 27 mins of this have been abject.

Good cards from Pawson. Think he coukd have blown for a few more and maybe not the Shaw slip the managers laughed at.

Ooh and no pen on 28... in the back?

Very weird though. So messy for the ref to handle.

The Referee Store
I agree with the no pen. Thought Kane's yellow as a bit harsh.
Kane got the ball but the follow through was reckless. Studs up off thd ground but not straight legged with force. Easy yellow I think.

Pawson maybe caught the wrong side too close to AR2 a few times, the pen decision one example, he was square on, no angle.

Did they just pick Fred up on the way in?

What is Jose trying to prove with this shocking team? The back 7 with the exception of Matic are sooooo bad! Valencia was a beast in like 2012!

1. Lucas kicking Jones' head off should have seen a caution minimum.

2. Jones foul on Lucas is up to whichever angle you see, there's one that shows Jones taking out his back-leg, but I can understand if it isn't given.

3. Kane caution spot on.

(Edit: On checking the BBC it seems Lucas got cautioned, but my TV didn't show it, so good call from the referee! :D)

Herrera comedy for the 2nd goal... 10 yards behind the defence and then totally bottles the challenge. Sorry to be harsh but I think he's a horrible player at the best of times. United are just bad! Which TBH is a joy for me!

Taxi for Jose... Anders... Chris... Tony... Phil...

Love Lukaku but that open goal miss was also a shocker. Alli made him look good though with more terrible finishing.

Man, as a fan, Woodward should be getting the sack for this.

At United with trillions in cash you don't withhold funds and don't buy what the manager wants. The past two games have been a great demonstration as to why Mourinho wanted new centrebacks. Shambles. But Woodward will count his piles of gold coins, Mourinho will get the blame, another new manager will come in and the cycle will continue. Sack Woodward if you ask me. :redcard:

At United with trillions in cash you don't withhold funds and don't buy what the manager wants. The past two games have been a great demonstration as to why Mourinho wanted new centrebacks. Shambles. But Woodward will count his piles of gold coins, Mourinho will get the blame, another new manager will come in and the cycle will continue. Sack Woodward if you ask me. :redcard:
Rather have Woodward than Fat Mike :asshat:

Bear in mind though that Mourinho bought two of the centre halves that were so bad in previous games they weren't even played today.

Bear in mind though that Mourinho bought two of the centre halves that were so bad in previous games they weren't even played today.

True, though Lindelof is meant to be one for the future, and Bailly was fine in his debut season. On this evidence, Lindelof still isn't ready and Jones still has too many mistakes in him. That just leaves Smalling, who is a wonderful defender if you don't expect him to pass the ball. :p

If you play Herrrera at CH what do you expect. At least Matic has played that role a couple of times. But you still had 2 CHs one on the bench and one not evan in the squad. Surely they would be better than Herrera there? Anyway in Jose we trust from across the M62!

If you play Herrrera at CH what do you expect. At least Matic has played that role a couple of times. But you still had 2 CHs one on the bench and one not evan in the squad. Surely they would be better than Herrera there? Anyway in Jose we trust from across the M62!
Agreed, the decision to stick Herrera at CB seems more designed to make a point to the board than it does to try and win the game. And his terrible positioning with regards to the offside line is exactly what you'd expect from a player who's never played in defence before.

Back