A&H

United v United

There are plenty occasions where the big sides don't get the decision. These are forgotten about because they do against smaller teams, it seems, because there is a larger opportunity to get that decision.
Example. This weekend top v bottom. Bottom team were an awful side. Lost 6-0. Only won 1 game all season. After the game one of their lads told us, only had 1 penalty all season. Why is that? Not because they are a small team in that league. quite simply they don't spend enough time in the opposition box to get one. Their perception is they just don't get penalties. But that's a perception not a fact.
Anyone who thinks that the lino didn't give offside against Chelsea because they are a big team or Anderson got given offside v
Because Man U are a big side need to give their head a wobble.
I'm not taking about grass roots. I'm not on about a couple of hundred verbal diarrhoea gobshites on the sideline, I'm on about the intense scrutiny the big lads are under. Whilst there'll always be examples to the contrary, the minnows are dealt the rough end of the stick routinely because no referee can afford to cost a team a title; or whatever. I'm sympathising with the top flight referees, not having a moan as such

The Referee Store
I'm not taking about grass roots. I'm not on about a couple of hundred verbal diarrhoea gobshites on the sideline, I'm on about the intense scrutiny the big lads are under. Whilst there'll always be examples to the contrary, the minnows are dealt the rough end of the stick routinely because no referee can afford to cost a team a title; or whatever. I'm sympathising with the top flight referees, not having a moan as such
Yes, but the principle of the point I am making is the same.
There are no rough ends to the stick. Just hard working individuals trying to make honest decisions.

Saw a great performance for 60 minutes at the Lane at the weekend, 10/10.. Not sure why he switched off for the last 30 minutes, apart from the stick on penalty he got easily 10 decisions wrong. (both ways). He completely crumbled under pressure... 1/10....World beater to panel beater...

Just hard working individuals trying to make honest decisions
No doubt. Completely agree
I'm just a firm believer that we're all biased. Certainly at an individual decision level, there are innumerable factors influencing the outcome, so I do think there are 'rough ends to our sticks'

Back