A&H

U11s football rules

TheLC

Hello everyone,

Im hoping to ref an U11s game this weekend but upon looking for some information on rules etc I’m struggling to find anything! If anyone has any information please let me know or a handy guide. My understanding is that it is mainly the standard Lotg but 30 mins halves. Offsides etc are as per lotg

The Referee Store
This varies by region and country
Somsone from your own referee association/the league itself, would be your best port of call

Thank you, I’ll probably just confirm with managers in the morning! Only a friendly so should be good

If the teams are in the same league, the league website may have the details - the FA handbook on the FA website has standardised rules but leagues can vary them.

Keeper in black is reportable in all youth games in England; the absence of a captain's armband may or may not be, dependent on competition rules.
but its OK in the PL......as long as the ref makes sure he wears black as well :rolleyes:

Sorry - couldn't resist.

Yep its ok in front of millions watching, but a no no on some remote park in England - sorry, but it IS a nonsense.

Well isn't it easier to confuse an 11 year old with a middle aged referee than a professional soccer player with a professional keeper? :wall:

Well isn't it easier to confuse an 11 year old with a middle aged referee than a professional soccer player with a professional keeper? :wall:
Did you mean professional referee with a professional footballer?

My point is, its not easy to confuse any GK with any referee, which is why, I presume, its considered OK in the PL, so why the angst about it at grassroots?

Yup, of course, keeper and ref. I'm agreeing with you--I think it is better if they aren't the same, but hardly worth worrying about.

For the level of games I do, I don't care at all if the GK color matches me, nor if the two keepers match.

It is really handy to keep them different as you don't want the faff of identifying who it is when the keeper goes up for a corner at 90+5 minutes in. Rare as it is, when it does happen it's nice to not have the problem.
Shrug. I know the theory. I've never had a game where it was remotely close to being a possible problem. So incredibly rare that at the levels I ref not even worth a moment's thought. At higher levels, different story.

Leagues have to adopt SCoR, but as others have said where the text is in italic it is optional. Therefore if a competition wasn't bothered about armbands they would choose may rather than shall in rule 20H, and if they chose may that effectively means the fine shown against 20H in the tariff becomes redundant.

Back