A&H

Touch line flags

Status
Not open for further replies.
There might be a pair on eBay at the end of the season when I hang up my whistle. My rubber handled Touchline flags cost £27 about 8 years ago and have had many parts replaced over the years. Still the best flags I've used for all the reasons cited by others
Pardon me? Retirement? I sincerely hope not Mr H!

The Referee Store
Ready when you are!:p

There were some on eBay a few weeks back, but I missed out on them

DanCohen17 said:

I hope not too, but surely you won't want them same flags again......;)

I agree with all of you regarding the 'comfort' of the rubber handled flags

When I saw the poster, Jack from Birmingham was an L7, I'd assumed they were for when he was using club assistants, hence my previous post.

The old nylon flags 'snap' the modern cloth ones don't. Hearing a flag go up can be as useful as seeing it early in your career was my point.

I'm from the dark ages, well before ear pieces, buzzer flags and kits of every colour.

Yes Jack, if you're using them yourself, the rubber handled ones, if for a club assistant, see my previous post. Enjoy your games either way mate!

Yes Dan, old age has really caught up with me and despite a good preseason and losing around 13kg, I have put about 6kg back on and my legs are creaking. I also have to consider that I will have some other football related responsibilities next season and the step up to L3 Tutor to consider, so it's time to hang up the whistle. I'm also hanging up my fixture secretary and IT hats from my local Sunday League which were taking up around 10 hours a week.

Yes Dan, old age has really caught up with me and despite a good preseason and losing around 13kg, I have put about 6kg back on and my legs are creaking. I also have to consider that I will have some other football related responsibilities next season and the step up to L3 Tutor to consider, so it's time to hang up the whistle. I'm also hanging up my fixture secretary and IT hats from my local Sunday League which were taking up around 10 hours a week.
You stepping up to L3 tutor? That's good! As long as you stay involved!!

You stepping up to L3 tutor? That's good! As long as you stay involved!!
I was asked last April if I was interested and despite a few hiccups I eventually got two tutor appraisals completed and approved just after Christmas. I have some more work to do before I'm confirmed, but it's a long held ambition and would be a great achievement.

Brian as well as tutor if you haven't already done it try assessor a job might work out

I don't often use them, but I have a set of the touchlines, non rubber, and I find the size and weight of the handle to be perfect. Yes it could do with being a little bit more 'rubbery' as it can become difficult when wet, but I find them to be great.

I have a pair of the new ones, they make some noise but not really noticeable unless everyone is silent. Hope this helps ;)

No you dont even know. It could just be my pair but its not really annoying as you cant hear it really. IMO they are the best set of flags ive used.

After all your going on about the rubber handled ones, I've just bought myself a set on eBay. If I don't like them, I'll be sure to list them on here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back