A&H

Touch line flags

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack.prescott

Work hard, stay humble
Level 6 Referee
I'm looking at getting some touch line flags, not the buzzer ones as I don't need them! The reason being I've got a budget pair of diamond ones, cost about £7 I think and the flags keep coming off.. Anyone use the touch line ones and are they any good?

The Referee Store
I've Used them many times when Assisting and now have a set for myself!

Very good flags but not the best to be used for Club Assistant's, Have a look what
cheaper alternatives they have!

Mainly looking because after Christmas I'm having some games for burton albion academy and if they have neutral assistants I don't really want to be giving them £7 flags that might come off after being stitched back on

I still use 2 pairs I made myself years ago! Wooden file/trowel handles, 13mm dowel and 6mm wire eyes from a hardware store, cheap as chips.

The flags I got through the RA, plain red and yellow, but the stiff, old fashioned nylon type, I asked the wife to machine sew some cycle spoke ribbon on to use as ties, this stuff is as strong as wire lol, a couple of quid from a bike shop gives you a metre or so, you only need enough to make 2x150mm ties for each flag through the eye screwed into the dowel, easy to strip and wash, or repair

I still find that when using these for club assistants, you'll probably hear them 'snap' as they're raised nearly as much as you'll clock them in the corner of your eye

TouchLine flags are the best non electric ones on the market. Period.

Last edited:
DanCohen17 said:
The rubber handled ones (as used in my photo) will never be beaten I'm afraid!
But where can you get any??

I fancied a pair myself, will keep a check on ebay thanks

Old rubber handles any day. Much better in weight and comfort. Plus easy to hold when ur hands re freezing the new plastic handle type are easy to drop when ur hands get cold and just don't feel right. The handle is massive co paired to the flag

There might be a pair on eBay at the end of the season when I hang up my whistle. My rubber handled Touchline flags cost £27 about 8 years ago and have had many parts replaced over the years. Still the best flags I've used for all the reasons cited by others

If you offer them up on here Brian I'll take them at a reasonable price! Give me a heads up when you are thinking about selling!:)

Let me know too Brian I've been looking for the rubber handled ones for ages, no one sells them anymore!!
You never know jojo, we might be in a bidding war! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back