A&H

Torrevieja Cup - Alicante, Spain 1-6 July

It was called the Spain Trophy, it's still on but because of the amount of teams who have dropped out due to the financial climate (cheers greece...) they don't need as many refs. To be fair to Komm Mit, they have offered to refund my flight costs and have asked if I want to be put on the Iber Cup/Donosti Cup but it's going to cost a lot more to fly to Faro, get a bus to Lisbon, etc. so I'm going to leave it until next year (maybe). Disappointing but not a lot they could do.

The Referee Store
That is very disappointing TBH! Atleast you got a refund and as you say always next year and will have better choice, stick to the tournaments that have been going on for years without fail.

They haven't got back to me yet either! You might hear from them in the next week or 2.

Referee invites Will go out next week for the Welsh Supercup unfortunately most places are taken up by he regular referees, if there are any places left for this year you will receive a reply it all depends on how many of the regulars are going...

Just wanted to say I had an awesome time in San Sebastian, met some really nice blokes and will definitely go again next year. I found it annoying how the Spanish players dive and call for yellow cards all the time but managed it well.

Hi craig least you enjoyed it just goes to show they immitate what they see in spanish football when some there players dive

Craig any chance of a bit of a tournament report? Cost of travel. Accomodation type, food etc. How was the organisation of the tournament? Do I want to look at doing it next year etc.

As Mike said this will help others make an informed judgement about going themselves.

I want to go to an international tournament but its a risk not knowing what they are like or what to expect.

I went to the Torrevieja Easter Cup and it was fine, but the workload was horrendous, and I also went to the Donosti Cup with Craig and it was fantastic, some Spanish and French teams were the usual primadonna's but the other refs, the accommodation, and quite a lot of the grounds were brilliant. The workload on the Donosti was bad at times (especially for Craig and the others in our group as I got injured) but it was a great laugh, defiantly going again next year.

The tournament encountered some problems and was cancelled, you are right. In order to avoid any such problems in 2014 the organization decided not to pursue organizing a summer tournament, they instead opted to focus and put all resources into their Easter event which seems very successful at this stage. More than 150 teams confirmed, among which some professional ones. So it should be a good event.

The tournament encountered some problems and was cancelled, you are right. In order to avoid any such problems in 2014 the organization decided not to pursue organizing a summer tournament, they instead opted to focus and put all resources into their Easter event which seems very successful at this stage. More than 150 teams confirmed, among which some professional ones. So it should be a good event.
Hi Dan,

I have registered my interest for the Donosti cup again but received no reply. I'm no longer on Facebook. Can you let me know if there are any spaces? My email address is craig_thompson19[at]yahoo.co.uk

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Craig any chance of a bit of a tournament report? Cost of travel. Accomodation type, food etc. How was the organisation of the tournament? Do I want to look at doing it next year etc.

Hi Mick, sorry only just seen this.

The tournament was great, well organised and the matches were a pleasure to referee. The travel costs around £120 return depending on when you book. The food was ok (and free), you eat by Real Sociedad's ground but I chose to buy food as it was nicer. It is a busy week though, usually start around 10am and do not finish until 6-7pm. Would defo recommend it. Shame it appears full.

Hi Daniel, how do I sign up to these tournaments you have mentioned? I am very much interested in the tournament in Valencia...

Back