A&H

Torrevieja Cup - Alicante, Spain 1-6 July

The Referee Store
Take plenty of sun cream its really hot in Spain in July.

I might go next year, as my parents only live 20 mins away from Torrevieja. Week Refereeing then a week relaxing I'm thinking..

apparently the torrevieja tournament now been cancelled im now on the donosti cup

I'm so glad you said that, he had forgot about me and no doubt I would have arrived and been in big trouble with no where to stay. Going to do that one instead aswell.

Well because of the mix up he was offering me everything free then I had to tell you that alicante trip was cancelled then that when he told me there was a mix up

Would love to do that but not worth the hassle anymore plus they wont refund the £190 I already spent to Alicante so just more money wasted.

Don't sound good lads, was looking forward to attending next years event, but then again may be not at this rate...

In all fairness it was not Tournaments Abroad's fault. The tournament collapsed which is out of their hands (was a newcomer to them) and they have gone all out to appease all referees affected. I have been compensated although I will not be looking forward to the 8 hour coach ride!

HI Craig.

All set to go yet?

Have you received any further information yet from the actual tournament? Daniel sent me my coach ticket yesterday but said somebody else would be in touch with more details.

I changed my flight to the Sunday morning now so arrive in San Sebastian at 7am on the Monday morning.

im not going now as i just have not got the money flights with ryan air was too much then i was going with easyjet but the plane was leaving 29 and by the time i got a response to book the flight too much money had gone out my account

yeh i just found out that the spain trophy has been cut down, as a lot of teams have dropped out at the last minute :/ so it looks like i won't be going to spain after all. more time to work on my fitness for the upcoming season.... :(

It sounds to me that these international tournaments are so hit and miss they aint worth bothering with.

I was looking forward to going to Spain next year to referee, but if you have booked everything and then its cancelled, I would be demanding a refund for my flights from the tournament. It just don't seem its worth the risk now.

Back