A&H

Today's BP test

Quick update if anyone is interested.

Turned up this morning, bit of stretching (exactly the same as I'd done in practice a couple of Thursdays ago).

Set up for the sprints, first one, not even halfway through and felt my groin playing up (had felt a twinge when sitting down on Wednesday after I'd ran a line on Tuesday. Thought nothing of it as it didn't play up between then and today).

Ended up leaving it at that so as not to make things worse. I think if we'd done the 10 laps then the sprints then I may have been ok.

Anyway, looking to Wednesday 10th now. I'll have been at work beforehand so I'll already be warm. Need another BP test so to sort that out.

Will update again on the Thursday.

Edit - on a positive note, been appointed to an FA Cup EP round fixture as AR and an FA Vase fixture as AR next month, so looking forward to them!

Last edited:
The Referee Store
Curious to know, where does it say about what the test needs to be below? Reading the referee promotion pack it doesn’t state the required BP level, it just says it needs to be conducted. This hasn’t been communicated by our RDO either so there isn’t any suggestion that if it’s higher than a certain level, you can’t do the test?

Curious to know, where does it say about what the test needs to be below? Reading the referee promotion pack it doesn’t state the required BP level, it just says it needs to be conducted. This hasn’t been communicated by our RDO either so there isn’t any suggestion that if it’s higher than a certain level, you can’t do the test?
It's on the actual BP form for the level 4 test
It's no higher than 140/90

For anyone due to have theirs, it’s worth highlighting the wait before the BP test before you take it. Had mine this morning and it was 142/71. Had a chat with the nurse and explained to her why I needed it and that the number was slightly over which was disappointing, and she was nice enough to offer to do it again in 5 minutes. This time, 138/78.

yep, a sit down after walking to the docs / up the stairs / driving is always recommended

Cutting right down on spicy or salty food will also lower BP within a few days. ;)

We have regular BP tests at work, which are going on at the moment. I was just talking with one of the junior lab technicians and he said he was a bit worried about it so he had a coffee and a cigarette beforehand to calm him down .... then was surprised that his reading was 155 / 100!!! :wall:

Update

Passed the BP test on Tuesday.

141/??, then down to 136, then even further down to 133/81.

Up to Barnsley for the fitness test tomorrow (128 mile round trip). If that isn't determination then I don't know what is!

Anyone else on here going to that one?

Passed, all good! 5 of us did the test, one came out after a few laps with a bad knee but the rest, all good.

Back