A&H

They shook hands and got on with it!!!

The Referee Store
It clearly says ‘Referees Forum,! that covers all forms of refereeing surely? A Hurling, cricket, egg chaser is still a referee or am I missing something? It had everything to do with refereeing, have you actually watched it???

Yes, I have watched it. It involves a referee, as does almost every football incident, but it isn't really refereeing related. And you certainly didn't see it on TV (as seen on TV). I will move it.

From the Forum Rules........’The main goals of the discussions on the RefChat Forum are to learn and to share the knowledge with anyone who sincerely wants to benefit from the experience of other members. We are a like-minded but diverse group of individuals who share a common passion for ALL things relating to REFEREEING.....

Move it if you like but I think you’re being a tad overboard with the critique of the general thread when the Forum Rules clearly state otherwise?? New referees need to learn from all our experiences that this isn’t the done thing, especially these days... if it’s never discussed or blocked by your personal crusade then how can they learn??

Yes, I have watched it. It involves a referee, as does almost every football incident, but it isn't really refereeing related. And you certainly didn't see it on TV (as seen on TV). I will move it.
I think you're being unfair. As a referee, i was interested to see a colleague on his arse whilst players traded blows that went unpunished. As a ref, i'm interested in how any game used to be officiated (what sport was it then?) so i can draw comparison, with relevance, to the challenges we now face. If anyone else had posted the OP, i doubt you'd have dismissed it so readily

Last edited:
I think you're being unfair. As a referee, i was interested to see a colleague on his arse whilst players traded blows that went unpunished. As a ref, i'm interested in how any game used to be officiated (what sport was it then?) so i can draw comparison, with relevance, to the challenges we now face. If anyone else had posted the OP, i doubt you'd have dismissed it so readily

I didn't close it, I just moved it, so it is still open for people to look at.

I agree that in the name of "promoting attacking football" the powers that be have made the game impossibly soft. Of course, I can't go as far as to condone this video, but I can say that a punch in the face isn't the worst possible thing that can happen. As someone mentioned earlier, ice hockey often involves fighting wherein two players will punch one another repeatedly in the face until someone goes down. This is punished by a 5 minute penalty for both players.

Back