A&H

Theresa May

A friend posted this today.....

They choose to call WTO Brexit a “No Deal” to scare us into thinking a clean break from the EU is apocalyptic. The deceit coming from the media/political elite is shocking
Robert Azevedo, WTO Director General, is clear: “UK is a member of the WTO...There will be no discontinuity in membership… Trade will not stop...it doesn’t mean that we’ll have a vacuum or a ‘disruption’ in terms of trade flows or anything of the kind.”
Brexit means one thing. Leave The EU. Nothing more. Nothing less. Nobody voted for any flavour of deal. Just leave. End of.

No Deal.

WTO Now.
01497C0F-CC34-4F78-A102-30EBC2C95E73.jpeg

The Referee Store
A friend posted this today.....

They choose to call WTO Brexit a “No Deal” to scare us into thinking a clean break from the EU is apocalyptic. The deceit coming from the media/political elite is shocking
Robert Azevedo, WTO Director General, is clear: “UK is a member of the WTO...There will be no discontinuity in membership… Trade will not stop...it doesn’t mean that we’ll have a vacuum or a ‘disruption’ in terms of trade flows or anything of the kind.”
Brexit means one thing. Leave The EU. Nothing more. Nothing less. Nobody voted for any flavour of deal. Just leave. End of.

No Deal.

WTO Now.
View attachment 2789

LOL that's comedy gold.

Do you really believe this stuff about "not paying the 39bn"?

Clean break from the EU - :drown:
Better FTA... ha!

LOLfest

Whatever your underlying beliefs - or the size of your offshore funds (IDS, Rees-Smug, Cameron) - however much you want to avoid the new EU tax avoidance legislation coming in 2019 - or however many Irish borders you can stomach - whether you proud or terrified of the devious Junker - whether or not you are dismally failing to lead (Jeremy) - whether you think immigration is a blessing or a curse - however you feel your country is getting richer or poorer - whatever you believe - and everyone is entitled - what is so sad about this is the lying, deceit and bigotry that's come out in the last two years. That's what I've learnt about my country since 2016. It's shameful. The newspapers have a lot to answer for. But, in the end, the people have ourselves to blame.

Personally I am in this race - I don't just have a horse in it - I am trying to change horses!

The financial drivers for the key political players will decide this as usual because the people are too divided and bored to really do anything about it.

I think the underlying problem for Europe is that open borders are not going to work long term. Intra and extra European migration is going to grow. The climate and changing economies are going to bring more refugees and economic migration than imaginable. Already, free movement as a mantra, doesn't make sense to people across Europe. Given that immigration was the trigger for this, it's such a shame that the UK isn't instead using all this effort to work with the EU to create a new approach to migration that might work long term for the whole continent.

(The poll that stuck in my mind from 2016 found that Ukippers believed that over a third (32%) of UK residents were born in the EU - the people surveyed believed there are 20 million Poles and Romanians in the UK - when the real number in 2016 was that there were a total of 3m EU nationals living in the UK. That level of misinformation is just gobsmacking.)

Both sides spewed out massive exaggerations. Everyone seemed completely polarized on the subject and there aren't many people with a balanced view of this subject
Politics is broken, that's why Trump got in

Slightly disagree, Trump got in because swathes of masses of people had been consistently ignored by politicians who care only about their own selfish interests

My dad lives in Florida, he actually loves Trump! (I get why), he must be the first politician who has said what he was going to do and then actually gets on with it,,,, and the press and the lefties are shocked and outraged!!! If only we could have had his belligerent negotiating skills maybe we'd be in a better place!!

My dad lives in Florida, he actually loves Trump! (I get why), he must be the first politician who has said what he was going to do and then actually gets on with it,,,, and the press and the lefties are shocked and outraged!!! If only we could have had his belligerent negotiating skills maybe we'd be in a better place!!
I think the Blair, Bush era has a lot to answer for. The man on the street is fed up with politician spiel. Impossible to say where it's all heading

I think the Blair, Bush era has a lot to answer for. The man on the street is fed up with politician spiel. Impossible to say where it's all heading
I Believe it can be traced back a lot further than that to Thatcher and possibly even back further than that :)

Agreed. A wave of optimism swept the country under new Labour, followed by war and crippling debt

Both sides spewed out massive exaggerations. Everyone seemed completely polarized on the subject and there aren't many people with a balanced view of this subject
Politics is broken, that's why Trump got in
always wondered how that happened

The problem with democracy are those who don't vote
I'm all for the right to abstain but in a binary election such as a referendum, the result is greatly affected by those who choose to ignore this right to vote.
IMHO, the non-vote should be registered with the incumbent/status quo and it's up to the electorate to vote for change. If you want to abstain, go out there and say so.

The problem with democracy are those who don't vote
I'm all for the right to abstain but in a binary election such as a referendum, the result is greatly affected by those who choose to ignore this right to vote.
IMHO, the non-vote should be registered with the incumbent/status quo and it's up to the electorate to vote for change. If you want to abstain, go out there and say so.

If that was the case then nothing would literally ever change

If that was the case then nothing would literally ever change
In the referendum of 2016, an astonishing (to my eyes anyway) 27.85% of the electorate did not vote. That's just under 13 million people by the way. That's just apathy and if the issue is so important to you, why didn't you get on your feet and do something about it back on 23 June 2016?
And yes, I think things would change and electoral reform is a must for this country to move forward out of this political stasis we find ourselves in.

In the referendum of 2016, an astonishing (to my eyes anyway) 27.85% of the electorate did not vote. That's just under 13 million people by the way. That's just apathy and if the issue is so important to you, why didn't you get on your feet and do something about it back on 23 June 2016?
And yes, I think things would change and electoral reform is a must for this country to move forward out of this political stasis we find ourselves in.

Brexit means Brexit, we are leaving, thats it, deal or no-deal.... Do we actually need a deal???

I didn't vote
If I had, it would have been for a pack of lies and personal interests. It had nought to do with apathy

Back