A&H

The Referee - Blog Update

Things have been a bit quiet around here recently, so I thought id give a quick update on what been going on. Well from a football point of view not a massive amount, well compared to normal. So if you read this, you will know that I decided during the summer to step down to Level 5.
Unfortunately due to even more work commitments that weren't expected when I made that decision Ive actually had to put active Refereeing on hold. This wasn't something I wanted to do, however I just cant do everything, as much as I try. If I can rectify one of the time commitments I hope to return but I cant see that happening at the moment, unless I can strike lucky with a major change (new job closer to home).
However Ive not complexly disappeared. During the summer I attended the Level 1 FA Tutor course. This means that if I meet the required standard after 3 assessments, I can then tutor on the new ref courses. This is something I have down been involved in 3 times since the summer and I have loved every minute, and ended each day exhausted. The enthusiasm of the candidates is amazing and the work the FA is doing to encourage this is incredible. I really need to do a proper post on this to give it the credit it deserves.
As well as this I have recently been on the Supply League Assessor course. I have been a county assesor for a few seasons now however being active over the last few years has meant that Ive not been able to commit to this. I do find assessing hard work and its not as easy as you expect. The time commitment also equals that of the Referee in some ways. Its not just a case of turn up and go home. My Level 4 Assessment must have taken me 4 hours to write! That's with being then an hour before hand and having to debrief the officials after. Its something Im not going to do every week, as I may as well just Referee then. However its something I have said that I will do when I can.
So what about the blog. Well Ive considered letting it die a few times. However cant quite let it go. If I could export it to someone where I could keep the posts then I may have been happy to do that. However tiwce having been in the position of pulling the plug Ive puleld it back from the death, I guess 5 years of updating it is to much to let it die. I am planning to give it a bit of a shift though in its view, and not just focusing on the Refereeing side of football. Its the main focus of the site, however as I am not currently active that has reduced the content a bit.

Continue reading...

The Referee Store
Back