A&H

The fastest way to pass from Level 7 to Level 5

Sorry if I'm not making myself clear!

You'll be doing (at best) local football which is played on a Saturday and Sunday. Where you are living will determine whicb leagues you'll officiate on

The Referee Store
Sorry if I'm not making myself clear!

You'll be doing (at best) local football which is played on a Saturday and Sunday. Where you are living will determine whicb leagues you'll officiate on
What about week days?
is there possibility that matches which I will oficiate starts in September

What about week days?
is there possibility that matches which I will oficiate starts in September

I'd say very few games available during the week, you'll find more in the first and last month's of the season mind.

There's a possibility games start in September but I'dbe amazed if we're back to football by then

Very few local leagues, which is all you will have access to, play games midweek, so you will be restricted to Saturdays and Sundays. It is possible that you can join a "supply league" but that will only be as an assistant referee, and some of their games are played midweek. They are step 5 games, which means the 9th tier of English football, and in the area you are talking about that would likely be the Combined Counties Football League. Whether they would take such an inexperienced referee is debatable though, bearing mind this is semi-professional football with paying spectators. Realistically you will need to get a season under your belt doing the lowest level games.

Whilst the questions on here are fine, you really need to seek advise from the referee development officer of the county FA you join, but you can't do that until you have an address in England.

In terms of when we might get back to playing, bear in mind that schools aren't going back in full until September. There is absolutely no way that the government will even announce that contact sports can resume (except the top levels) ahead of that happening as to do so would be professional suicide, so my guess is we will be talking October or more likely November before any non-professional football is played in the UK.

In terms of when we might get back to playing, bear in mind that schools aren't going back in full until September. There is absolutely no way that the government will even announce that contact sports can resume (except the top levels) ahead of that happening as to do so would be professional suicide, so my guess is we will be talking October or more likely November before any non-professional football is played in the UK.
My pessimistic tendency is not predicting as dreary an outlook
The world won't go on hold just because the schools have summer holidays. There were teams conditioning training everywhere when I was out walking this morning. I'd expect some sort of road map by July 4th when the pubs reopen. I also don't think the illegal protests will cause enough infections or deaths because of the relatively low community infection rate ~1/1700 atm, but there's no doubt the gatherings will cause some loss

Do you think that number of games will decrease if matches start in October and December?

Very few local leagues, which is all you will have access to, play games midweek, so you will be restricted to Saturdays and Sundays. It is possible that you can join a "supply league" but that will only be as an assistant referee, and some of their games are played midweek. They are step 5 games, which means the 9th tier of English football, and in the area you are talking about that would likely be the Combined Counties Football League. Whether they would take such an inexperienced referee is debatable though, bearing mind this is semi-professional football with paying spectators. Realistically you will need to get a season under your belt doing the lowest level games.

Whilst the questions on here are fine, you really need to seek advise from the referee development officer of the county FA you join, but you can't do that until you have an address in England.
In your opinion how many games will I be able to serve next season?

As you told me I should head down and gain experience, then I should be as much active as possible. Am I right sir ?
Strangely you need to make mistakes to learn from them!!! Don't worry though, players make far more than a referee ever does...Be self critical, it won't always be a cakewalk!!! Players and managers will be kn0bs, you'll have bad days, its all a learning curve!!

Strangely you need to make mistakes to learn from them!!! Don't worry though, players make far more than a referee ever does...Be self critical, it won't always be a cakewalk!!! Players and managers will be kn0bs, you'll have bad days, its all a learning curve!!
I know what you are talking about, even in my first game I felt that. But I believe it’s all about experience

While it’s lockdown please tell me how can I improve myself at home?

Suggestion! #1. Re-read the helpful advice given to you already on this forum by a bunch of very experienced referees from the UK and beyond.
#2. Do not post anything on here for at least 48 hours as you are tending to respond to advice without taking it in fully - for example, it was suggested that you should not concentrate on TV matches, as that's a different level with different expectations of the officials . . . you responded with "I watch a lot of TV games" Ciley is right - don't focus on referees on TV. Re-read the advice given, visit the Middlesex FA and The FA websites to broaden your understanding of the game in England, learn the laws thoroughly, and wait patiently for the season to start . . . if it does.

I did this jump. The key to it was availability, make sure you get a lot of games in. Submit your games early, so your county have a lot of time to appoint you an observer. Take criticism, ask your observer questions, be polite and be great on your administration.
All I would say is the decision is your counties, whether or not they allow you to do this. Perform well in the first half of the season, and you never know.

Back