A&H

The fastest way to pass from Level 7 to Level 5

callmemyref

Hi,

I'm a football referee abroad, a have had 3 assignments here, I'm moving to Twickenham in September (Surrey or Middlesex FA), so I will be Level 7 there. I'm already 20, please tell me what is the fastest way to go from L7 to L5

The Referee Store
Hi,

I'm a football referee abroad, a have had 3 assignments here, I'm moving to Twickenham in September (Surrey or Middlesex FA), so I will be Level 7 there. I'm already 20, please tell me what is the fastest way to go from L7 to L5
Go for those easy Club Marks, dead easy I’m told! No assessments any time soon.! You’ll be in the Prem in a few years! Good luck

Hi,

What level did you have aboard, as sometimes the County FA will grade you accordingly?

Doing what is a "double jump" depends on whether your County FA (CFA) allow, some do some don't. If you can do, it is effectively two promotions in a single season - so double the expected number of games and assessments. If you are allowed to start in Sept, it will be a minimum of 40 open age matches before end of April, 5 or 6 assessment and two exams done by the CFA. You will need to be able to show to your RDO that you have the ability to be a L5.

it might be more difficult to do a double jump this season as it may be a delayed start.

What level did you have aboard, as sometimes the County FA will grade you accordingly?

Doing what is a "double jump" depends on whether your County FA (CFA) allow, some do some don't. If you can do, it is effectively two promotions in a single season - so double the expected number of games and assessments. If you are allowed to start in Sept, it will be a minimum of 40 open age matches before end of April, 5 or 6 assessment and two exams done by the CFA. You will need to be able to show to your RDO that you have the ability to be a L5.
Thank you for your reply,

40 matches by April is possible I guess.
What kind of exams?

Thank you for your reply,

40 matches by April is possible I guess.
What kind of exams?

possible but very dependant on weather and your own availability...and of course dependant on if the CFA allows it.

the exams are fairly simple law exams

Hi,

Many Counties don't allow a 'double jump'
& rightly so imo
I don't see it as achieving anything. I'd say that's the popular consensus on the forum
Besides, I'd say we'd all be delighted if we get 20 appointments next season with all the uncertainty around

Already 20? Wow. Practically ancient. :rolleyes: :D

Most referees here don't even start til they're at least 10 years older than you mate so don't for one minute think you're behind the curve. Why not just settle in first and go the normal route ie 7-6 and then 6-5 a season or so later? :)
Hahah, yes but I’m former professional athlete and I do sport for years, and I am in a great shape, so I just don’t want to lose time.
While it’s quarantine, I train a lot, and study for LOTG. So why not to jump form 7 to 5:)

Many Counties don't allow a 'double jump'
& rightly so imo
I don't see it as achieving anything. I'd say that's the popular consensus on the forum
Besides, I'd say we'd all be delighted if we get 20 appointments next season with all the uncertainty around

20? That’s nothing, in my place referees get 1-2 appointments a week. I started getting 2 appointments a week then everything was cancelled due to the virus..

don’t you think that there was long break, so people will want to play football more?

20? That’s nothing, in my place referees get 1-2 appointments a week. I started getting 2 appointments a week then everything was cancelled due to the virus..

don’t you think that there was long break, so people will want to play football more?
One thing at a time
a. we don't know when and how amateur football will resume
b. Somerset may not allow 7 - 5
c. You may need to complete 20 games before applying for promotion
d. You may find football in the UK takes time to adjust to

One thing at a time
Can you please explain about c? What’s applying for promotion, I’m really far from it..:)

One thing at a time
Takes time even if you are good referee?

How can I learn which counties do allow and which don’t?
You can try the websites of the counties where you intend to live, as some advise re promotion options. As the new season in England may or may not happen, and no-one knows when and if that will occur, you may be hard pressed to do the required number of middles and lines. In some counties a fitness test will be needed, although you seem confident on that front.
Good luck.

Can you please explain about c? What’s applying for promotion, I’m really far from it..:)
I'm not sure about c.
Others on the forum may know more. It depends on your level & experience abroad. Ordinarily, new referees need to referee 20 open age games before being considered for promotion, but the County FA may consider games you've refereed elsewhere
Takes time even if you are good referee?
Define 'good referee'. In my experience, the process is a slow burner

The FA haven't announced guidelines about 7-5 for next season yet. Previously it was 20 games between 1st March and 30th September then another 20 between 1st October and 28th February. With the season now moving to August to April that is obviously going to have to change, and if the season doesn't start on time my guess would be 7-5 is out of the water for all counties. A logical split would be August to December and January to April, on the basis not many grass roots games are played in August, but if the season doesn't start until November that would give you 2 months to get 20 games in. Not impossible but very difficult, especially when you take into account Christmas break and inevitable weather problems.

The FA haven't announced guidelines about 7-5 for next season yet. Previously it was 20 games between 1st March and 30th September then another 20 between 1st October and 28th February. With the season now moving to August to April that is obviously going to have to change, and if the season doesn't start on time my guess would be 7-5 is out of the water for all counties. A logical split would be August to December and January to April, on the basis not many grass roots games are played in August, but if the season doesn't start until November that would give you 2 months to get 20 games in. Not impossible but very difficult, especially when you take into account Christmas break and inevitable weather problems.
Just 2-3 games a week, it’s not a lot, I train
6 times a week so instead of training I will be refereeing 😉

The only question is will county give me 2-3 games a week. A can serve 6 games a week

Back