A&H

The fastest way to pass from Level 7 to Level 5

The Referee Store
I believe that a more fundamental issue this season will be that most CFA's haven't got the finances to fund the observations due to all the issues around Covid and that registration fees for clubs in certain counties have been discounted. This will differ from county to county so whilst some referees will have applied for promotion there will be other factors in play as to whether these will be achieved or not. Our local leagues actually start today so there should be plenty of games but it may be the other factors that will dictate promotion.

I think you have to have refereed at least 20 games at level 7 before you can apply for promotion and then to go from 7 to 5, as other have said, it will be 40games in that promotion season

I believe that a more fundamental issue this season will be that most CFA's haven't got the finances to fund the observations due to all the issues around Covid and that registration fees for clubs in certain counties have been discounted. This will differ from county to county so whilst some referees will have applied for promotion there will be other factors in play as to whether these will be achieved or not. Our local leagues actually start today so there should be plenty of games but it may be the other factors that will dictate promotion.

I think you have to have refereed at least 20 games at level 7 before you can apply for promotion and then to go from 7 to 5, as other have said, it will be 40games in that promotion season
Referee registration monies are a drop in the ocean for County FAs compared to the cut in funding from The FA. 15% cut in my County and 4 staff let go because the County couldn't afford them any more.

Lots of CFAs have started charging a fee for promotion rather than a deposit as previously. Effectively the candidates are funding, or part funding, their own observations.

Hi guys, it’s been a long time. - year ago I asked a lot of questions here and disappeared. Since September 5th I have done 80 games (inc. friendlies, leagues, women, youths, cup games). And going for a promotion next season .

I can tell you that it was very tough time year, but I’m happy that I didn’t give up, I gained lot of great experience. Even was assaulted 😂. But I’m happy that there are a lot of people around me , who are willing to help

I can tell you that it was very tough time year, but I’m happy that I didn’t give up, I gained lot of great experience. Even was assaulted 😂. But I’m happy that there are a lot of people around me , who are willing to help
What did you struggle with? What did you do well at?

What did you struggle with? What did you do well at?
Well, in the beginning I was struggling with almost everything. It was really difficult to deal with dissent and players' appealing. It took sometime to get use to effective communication with players. Than it was difficult to remember to which side the players were belonged and show right directions.

I don't remember what I did well in the beginning. Probably was to bad, but was working hard and improved a lot. The best advice for younger referees is work hard, do not give up and seek for help , there are a lot of experienced people who are willing to help.

edit: Foul recognition was a problem as well

Find the Refcoach group on Facebook - don't post - just study each clip, research your answer in the Laws of the Game and see how you do compared to others.
Do the quizzes at areferee.com - if you can get 17+ out of 20 then you will know your English comprehension and understanding of the laws is good.
Hey mate, now they are really good friends of mine, and we have a podcast together. Thanks a lot

Back