A&H

Taking your assistants advice

do you or anybody else refer him to the LOTG or remind him that the AR does have roles and responsibilities?
The book trumps his own version of events.....

I have done.
I've said I am here to assist you as a neutral. I am not a club linesman and do not expect to be treated as such.I understand he gave me a low mark to the league but I had already countered that by saying I expected it as I said to him what is the point me being here if you are going to treat me like a CAR.
Ignored him and still flagged for free kicks he couldn't see or point blankly refused to acknowledge despite it being so blatant.

The Referee Store
I have done.
I've said I am here to assist you as a neutral. I am not a club linesman and do not expect to be treated as such.I understand he gave me a low mark to the league but I had already countered that by saying I expected it as I said to him what is the point me being here if you are going to treat me like a CAR.
Ignored him and still flagged for free kicks he couldn't see or point blankly refused to acknowledge despite it being so blatant.

Good, he sounds like he does not deserve to be given assistants!!
Easy to say online but the issue will only be solved if folk don't accept the appointment, and/or the ref association is informed.
No point enthusiastic folk like you wasting your time on what he will see as his game.

I never had assistants so the only voices in my head were the ‘shall I spice the game up’ or ‘let’s calm this one down a bit’ .... amazing what you can do without them knowing! It takes a bit of confidence and practice but once you get the hang of it any game becomes better!

When I work with NARs I will go with them unless I have seen something different. I always tell themin my breif if I am just about to make a massive rick please get involved. But there is one ref who is in my area only expects ball in and out and offsides. No fouls at all .
That is almost like the approach of David Ellerary - he are there to assist me.

Back