A&H

Supply League Postive Covid Test

Happen to agree and I have swerved friendlies. Until this season. With such a long lay off and potentially a disrupted season wanted to get back into it... And step 6 stuff is generally well mannered.
I set the teams up now. This is preseason rules are the same. Play in a friendly manner I will ref it in a friendly manner.. Play it competitively, I'll ref it that way too. Seems to have developed an understanding..
Yes, I think the games will be more straight forward at Step 6
Of my two pre-season games, one involved a Step 7 teams and that was OK, the other was Sunday League and I had half a dozen (maybe even a dozen by the end of it) necking Carlsberg at the side of the pitch at 10am. Things developed into a good test of my temperament!

The Referee Store
Yes, I think the games will be more straight forward at Step 6
Of my two pre-season games, one involved a Step 7 teams and that was OK, the other was Sunday League and I had half a dozen (maybe even a dozen by the end of it) necking Carlsberg at the side of the pitch at 10am. Things developed into a good test of my temperament!
Precisely my reason for preseason hiatus..

I've seen virtually no interest in Covid guidlelines. There was no social distancing whatsoever in the Sunday League fiasco. But then, we're seeing the rules being flouted everywhere and footballers aren't exactly known for setting standards
At Step 6, I'd expect some adherence however

Precisely my reason for preseason hiatus..

Yep same for me.

I'm after 2-3 "sharpeners" at the level I'm operating at in the season, to help with the match fitness etc.

Doing lots of games in preseason that are at a lower standard is actually counterproductive for me, as the speed of the game and my level of physical effort is much lower to be effective, so whilst it can be useful for some minor tweaks, it doesn't really prepare me for the actual games in the season.

I've seen virtually no interest in Covid guidlelines. There was no social distancing whatsoever in the Sunday League fiasco. But then, we're seeing the rules being flouted everywhere and footballers aren't exactly known for setting standards
At Step 6, I'd expect some adherence however

In the two games I had called off, the home teams were clear that there were no changing rooms available and these were being played away from their normal ground.

Tonight is Step 7 v Step 5 and the home team have changing facilities avalable. They play on a public council park, so can't enforce the "no spectators" rule as about 50-100 people coincidentally happen to be walking their dogs exactly at the time that the game is on.

In the US, the stat of Massachusetts just released guidelines for youth soccer to return. (Who governs what can get convoluted, I don’t think the guidelines apply to the top level youth play. After applying the guidelines, there is something lest that is a distant relative of soccer. . . Very distant. No heading, players need to stay 6’ apart on all restarts, kick ins, no CKs (kick in can’t be kicked into PA), no walls, no DBs, no intentional contact, no sliding within 6’ of an opponent....

In the US, the stat of Massachusetts just released guidelines for youth soccer to return. (Who governs what can get convoluted, I don’t think the guidelines apply to the top level youth play. After applying the guidelines, there is something lest that is a distant relative of soccer. . . Very distant. No heading, players need to stay 6’ apart on all restarts, kick ins, no CKs (kick in can’t be kicked into PA), no walls, no DBs, no intentional contact, no sliding within 6’ of an opponent....
Official rules of soccer finally been produced...
We'll stick with football thanks ⚽⚽⚽😂

All this talk of doing games or having games is making me so jealous. Dying to get started

Back