A&H

Stiggypop Blog - Official, Officials

assitant-ref-300x225.jpg

First of all, apologies for the lack of updates… I have been a busy bunny.
Tomorrow I travel a short distance to a game of which I have been appointed as Referee in the Windsor Foods County Senior League Cup. As I have mentioned previously, this is my first season as a Level 5 referee whereby I do not usually get Assistant Referee’s appointed to the game.
Level 7 and 6 assistants are usually assigned to the Premier League games that the Level 4 referee’s officiate in and the Level 5 referee’s are left to their own devices in the Division One and Two games.
As tomorrow is a Cup Game, I have been treated to 2 “Official, Officials”, or Assistant Referee’s hence the title of the blog post. I have also had notification that I am being assessed again, the fourth time so far this Season.
I don’t know if I am an exception to the rule here, but I actually enjoy being assessed. In my previous 3 assessments I have picked up valuable snippets and it is good to be told where you can improve. I want to improve. I want to be the best referee that I can be.
Having spoken briefly to the Assessor on the telephone, he advises me that he has officiated at a high-standard, so hopefully I will get some top-notch guidance. I am looking forward to it.
One of the Assistants is, in his words, “on his way down” so it will be good to get as much information from him as to his refereeing experiences and expertise. Hopefully, if I look after him throughout the game, he will look after me. The same applies to any Official Assistants I suppose.
In any case, here is to hoping for a good game of football tomorrow. Let’s face it, we, as referee’s, have the best view in the house! I will let you know how I get on.
I’m off now to have a good think about my pre-match. I must have heard a thousand, so if I can put together what I feel is the best of what I have heard we shall not be far away!
Steve

Continue reading...

The Referee Store
Back