A&H

Spurs v Man City

Was the penalty the correct decision?

• Total voters

Southend-ref

Southend United Supporter
Level 6 Referee
Danny Rose red card - definitely the AR's decision, not Marriner's. If he's given the penalty then it has to be red but was it a penalty? He got a lot of the ball and a lot of the man - thoughts?

The Referee Store
I can see why he gave it. For me too much of man to not give.

Twitter and Spacebook have been going mad, ill hold my judgement till i see it on Motd

Saw it in real time and immediately said penalty. Haven't seen any replay that's made me change my mind.

Took the player before the ball. Correct decision. Twitter was going mad at the time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 12
I'm a City fan so I may be slightly partisan, but my first reaction was penalty. No doubting he got the ball, but he went through the back of Dzeko to get it.

yes, but they were probably sitting in comfy chairs with tea and biscuits watching replay after replay in slo-mo whilst mr ledger had just one quick chance to view the incident. i can't imagine that they're cross with him - tho a quick check of his next few appointments might shed some light on that one :)

yes, but they were probably sitting in comfy chairs with tea and biscuits watching replay after replay in slo-mo whilst mr ledger had just one quick chance to view the incident. i can't imagine that they're cross with him - tho a quick check of his next few appointments might shed some light on that one :)
This weekend's appointments were out before the incident. Come Monday 4pm, we'll know more (unless he's already got a middle for next Saturday)

I think they have overturned the Red because they don't agree with it being DOGSO, it doesn't mean it wasn't a penalty

I think they have overturned the Red because they don't agree with it being DOGSO, it doesn't mean it wasn't a penalty

That's about as close to a DOGSO as you're every gonna get! Pulling his leg back to shoot from 12 yards out. They must disagree with the decision, I am unconvinced on whether it is a penalty even after replays, but it was a stupid tackle!

Edit- Watched it again and do think it was a penlty

That's about as close to a DOGSO as you're every gonna get! Pulling his leg back to shoot from 12 yards out. They must disagree with the decision, I am unconvinced on whether it is a penalty even after replays, but it was a stupid tackle!

Edit- Watched it again and do think it was a penlty

Yes and no to be honest. Can see why given but then replays from all angles maybe not as clear. Tough one. At least we aren't debating another dive or no dive situation.

He's got an appointment, Southampton v Stoke

It was never a penalty, never a sending off, and Daws was never offside. The officials had a howler.

Back