A&H

Sprint Times

Xman

From my understanding, all of you who are required to complete periodical fitness tests for your RA are required to do a sprint test.

I was wondering, with possible differences in distances etc. how everyone fares in their sprint times.

Our association required us to complete 40m sprints in 6.2 seconds, but everyone's time is noted and compared so it's necessary to push yourself beyond the requirements every time. There are 3 or 4 official tests in one season and monthly mock tests set up.

At the start of the season I was posting times of 5.7-5.8 which I was quite disappointed with when compared to some other guys.

Since then I've incorporated a lot more sprint training and at the most recent mock test I was posting times mostly at 5.3 or there abouts, which I'm much more content with.

How do you guys do in sprint tests and are you happy/disappointed with how you're doing?

The Referee Store
I train at a local running club and we were doing some 100m training and I managed to clock a 10.98 and an 11.01, only problem is in refereeing its shorter so need to make sure my starts are top notch. :D

Wow that's absolutely rapid over that relatively longish distance. The good thing with ours is that it is tested by light gates allowing you to start whenever you're ready, instead of going against a gun.

I train at a local running club and we were doing some 100m training and I managed to clock a 10.98 and an 11.01, only problem is in refereeing its shorter so need to make sure my starts are top notch. :D
Damn, that's quicker than most players! Was it a standing start with a gun, or moving start?

Back