A&H

Spray

The Referee Store
Just as an aside - how often is encroachment actually an issue??

In the games I've done I've only ever had the issue twice (both in the same game, resulting in a caution for main offender each time) and must have had hundreds of ceremonial free kicks over the course of these games.

That said you've all seen free kick taker quality at our level - a wall is rarely required never mind wall trying to gain advantage by moving forwards.

I mean for those players who think they're playing at the Nou Camp.....they'd love it. Makes it more proper.
Just like the referees who think they are at the Nou Camp...

any referee who needs a can of shaving foam to control a free kick should not be refereeing
Got agree, it's a ploy to add something of "interest" into otherwise dull games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just as an aside - how often is encroachment actually an issue??

In the games I've done I've only ever had the issue twice (both in the same game, resulting in a caution for main offender each time) and must have had hundreds of ceremonial free kicks over the course of these games.

That said you've all seen free kick taker quality at our level - a wall is rarely required never mind wall trying to gain advantage by moving forwards.

I've never seen it as a problem in my matches, and to be fair, haven't seen it in professional matches either. I always felt the inclusion of the spray was FIFA playing nice with south america where it had been used for years.

I have noticed Lee Mason is quite fond of it though. He brought it out all over the field in Spurs - Leicester match, at one point when a freekick was 40 yards out. Eriksen seemed to query him about it. No doubt he used it to get a breather.

Last edited:
Or the perennial players' favourite at the pre match kit / jewellery check ...

'I've left my c**k ring in ref, do you need to check that' :poop:
Your response should be, "No mate I haven't brought my tweezers or magnifying glass" or as my friend Jane says, "Let's focus on the big stuff and not talk about the little things today eh?"

Your response should be, "No mate I haven't brought my tweezers or magnifying glass" or as my friend Jane says, "Let's focus on the big stuff and not talk about the little things today eh?"
My stock response to the ****ring player "bants" is always the same; fair play mate, if you found a ring small enough to fit you, I am happy for you to wear it"

Always gets a laugh.

Back