A&H

Spray

Darius

RefChat Addict
We've all seen those Referees who turn up to Dog and Duck 5ths vs Red Lion Reserves in the bottom division of Sunday Morning football with Buzzers (true story) and Radio Communication (true story!) which is obviously allowed by the LOTG.

What if this weekend we all bought some spray for the 10 yard markings would that be allowed? I'm assuming that on this one it's just dependent on competition rules

The Referee Store
The instructions we had, which I assume filtered down from The FA, was that the spray is not allowed outside of the professional game. So, to answer your question - No.

How long until it is allowed you reckon?

I'll be surprised if there aren't some LWR stories out there about it?

isn't it our cost also to provide kit, whistle, red and yellow cards, flags, boots, pens etc ? lol

ohhh I just remembered you're a London FA boy ... I lined for an LFA 6 once ... by Christ he was terrible

s2338-danger-minefield-01.41.jpg

Dangerous territory ahead. Beware. Don't want to have to invoke other warning powers gents. ;)

The talk of what can and cannot be used at lower levels, often degenerates into debates about kaleidescope clothing.

As Ben Parker said, with great power comes great responsibility. So far I've only had to zap a "male medication" provider and some double posts.

Reactions: DB
The talk of what can and cannot be used at lower levels, often degenerates into debates about kaleidescope clothing.

As Ben Parker said, with great power comes great responsibility. So far I've only had to zap a "male medication" provider and some double posts.
Ahhh I see...

I don't think spray really has a place at our level. If it was allowed to be used then I wouldn't have an issue with it personally, I just don't really see the point of it

Ahhh I see...

I don't think spray really has a place at our level. If it was allowed to be used then I wouldn't have an issue with it personally, I just don't really see the point of it

Doesn't have a place at any level. Why would you want to use it?

It's the sort of thing that would probably lose you respect at grassroots!! Everyone would probably start laughing at you...

I get asked pretty much every Sunday where it is! I think players would enjoy it?

One of those things that would work in your favour to show you were in control.....unless you were having a stinker in which case would make you look foolish first time it came out

I just think it would make the referee look like a prima donna, more worried about pretending to be on TV than actually refereeing the match (in the perception of the players, particularly at a fairly low level).

Doesn't do a think to show you're in control. Most useless invention ever.

I mean for those players who think they're playing at the Nou Camp.....they'd love it. Makes it more proper.

Back