A&H

Something in the water down the Maryhill way...

Ciley Myrus

RefChat Addict
And now for something completely different, except, its kinda the same.....

Clip above, is from yesterday, bizarre is about the only word that comes to mind

Older viewers might recall though 20 years ago, the following, amazingly, in the same corner of the goal as yesterdays meltdown, (an incident which saw the end of the old style stanchion goal frames) skip to 1 mins 10..... have fun folks !!

The Referee Store
How on earth has the assistant come to that decision? I get he’s a few yards behind play but the ball has so clearly crossed the line I just can’t fathom what’s gone on. Right to restart with a throw in though assuming the ball didn’t cross the line

How on earth has the assistant come to that decision? I get he’s a few yards behind play but the ball has so clearly crossed the line I just can’t fathom what’s gone on. Right to restart with a throw in though assuming the ball didn’t cross the line

Watch closely....even the throw in is given to the wrong team !!! Morton boot it out of play (after it comes out the net) and they get the eventual throw !!

Huh? Were the officials the only one who didn't see it go in?

Is this a trick video Ciley? :hmmm: It is making me question my eyes...

Huh? Were the officials the only one who didn't see it go in?

Is this a trick video Ciley? :hmmm: It is making me question my eyes...

Neither are trick vids and both are the ball hitting the same corner of the net in the same stadium !
Yesterday, AR at that side, you might at a push be able to understand if he has not seen something clearly but, ref and dont discount the other AR, he will have had best view in house to have a say in this !
Yes they have comms btw.
We had comments on a thread a few weeks ago re players reaction too. Views were split on it
Had you just back back to your seat the split second after this was "scored", surveying the scene, you would take a reasonable guess that a goal has been scored
I think on this one all the ref team can do is hands up, we messed up and as Thistle say, thank the wee man above that they won 1-0......

It's not even close though? Ball so clearly hits the very back of the net I can't even begin to comprehend what's happened? Think I'm going crazy.

^^^^^^^^^

When Lisa Simpsons Crystal Meth habit took hold of her she became Thistles mascot?

Attachments

• IMG_7101.JPG
    IMG_7101.JPG
    650.6 KB · Views: 1
Could be that the sun is directly in the ARs sight as to how this has happened twice, in the same stadium, same corner of net. No excuses though.

Player reactions here should tell refs everything they need to know. In both instances players are celebrating, without claiming, and the team conceding are quite happily, or not, trundling back to restart from kick off.

And the second one, there is so much wrong with that with the defender catching the ball and handing to keeper!!!!

Could be that the sun is directly in the ARs sight as to how this has happened twice, in the same stadium, same corner of net. No excuses though.

Player reactions here should tell refs everything they need to know. In both instances players are celebrating, without claiming, and the team conceding are quite happily, or not, trundling back to restart from kick off.

And the second one, there is so much wrong with that with the defender catching the ball and handing to keeper!!!!

As much as we are pretuned to give the assistant a glance at awarding a goal, both for me, should be easily called by the referee.
What on earth could the conversation in yesterdays ones be?
Ref "i saw a goal, whats the possible issue you have?"
AR " am not sure it went in"
Ref "ok thanks for your input but it went in, goal"

Dont discount the other AR here too, as much as we dont look to him to confirm a goal, between him and the ref, that should be enough to give the goal.

I can take an educated guess as to whats happened but with it being a game from my country, I better just keep it under wraps.

• Mike Sadler ™️
      Can you really get downgraded after referring Patrick and Morton?
      6 replies5 retweets303 likes

• BR00KESS
      More
      Aren't Patrick and Morton characters in Spongebob square pants?

Taking it back on topic (hint, hint) ...

… I can't fathom this at all. I can get the point that the sun may have been in the assistant's eyes, but both he and the referee can't be missing it. And as Ciley has said, the other AR would surely have seen it hitting the netting, unless he has looked up at that moment to check he hasn't drifted off the offside line. I would say the 4th man as well, but not sure they have them in that division.

No, it was used in Taggart for the home ground of Strathclyde Fc...

Back on topic before RR chokes on his weetabix :poop:.. We've all had brain fades, seems like a Groundhog Day brain fade!!

Albeit fairly rare, this sort of stuff happens in all walks of life. It only makes sense to the two officials at that moment in time. I doubt very much that there's anything exceptional about the fellas involved, other than they are human and failed to see something which happened. It must have been a distressing experience for the officials, but the big mistake was failing to consult AR2 and the 4th Official (both of whom were complicit by not stepping in to avert this calamity)

Albeit fairly rare, this sort of stuff happens in all walks of life. It only makes sense to the two officials at that moment in time. I doubt very much that there's anything exceptional about the fellas involved, other than they are human and saw something which didn't (or in this case did) happen. It must have been a distressing experience for the officials, the big mistake was failing to consult AR2 and the 4th Official (both of whom were complicit by not stepping in to avert this calamity)

No 4th here and who knows what, if any, input the other AR had.
Its just one of those heads gone moments, compounded by even the throw in being awarded the totally wrong way.

I dont think a 4th would even have been able to help tho tbh...(4th would be direct across from camera at the side the AR and ref chatted at)

Back