A&H

Shirt tucked in

The Referee Store
I refereed on Sunday and at half time of my match, I went to my bag which was between my pitch and another.

The referee was doing a youth match, at a guess U14, with his shirt untucked, and wearing a cap.

I get it was hot, and sunny, but he looked so "unprofessional". It was bad actually. Looked like he did not want to be there either.

I think your appearance gives good impression to others and projects confidence in you by those watching, players and spectating alike.

I used to wear a cap, but if I'm there for 6-8 hours then I'm going to do everything I can to minimise the effects of the sun. I'd wear if the field has me looking into a low sun in the afternoon too.....or if it looks like rain (I wear glasses). Caps don't look the best but I'd never criticise anybody for wearing one. The benefits they bring outweigh any potential reduced respect.

I'd hate to see how some people wear a suit judging by the hatred of having shirts tucked in on this thread!!
Even Wurzel Gummidge tucked his shirt in!
And I wonder why you never see any professional referees with an untucked shirt......

It matters not one jot whether the shirt is in or out, it does not affect your performance......I promise you, so try it one day.........I dare you!

It matters not one jot whether the shirt is in or out, it does not affect your performance......I promise you, so try it one day.........I dare you!
I'm strictly an ironed shirt tucked in ref. Polished all black boots, ALL black socks, none of that white stuff at the top. Appearance is communication. As soon as any of my kit is tatty, it's in the bin and i'm buying the latest model

I'm strictly an ironed shirt tucked in ref. Polished all black boots, ALL black socks, none of that white stuff at the top. Appearance is communication. As soon as any of my kit is tatty, it's in the bin and i'm buying the latest model
Poser! 😁

I untucked it, and had more drag when running, so it does affect my performance. :hmmm:
Must be you Robbadda, a straight shirt down by your hips allowing free movement of air is more aerodynamically shaped than a ruffled tuck into your shorts!!
Try it, and pick your knuckles up too !! :D

Back