A&H

SFA badge(s)

NavyRef

Is there anywhere I can get hold of the SFA badges for the kit? I'm due to begin refereeing up in Scotland next month and have spotted an excellent deal on getting the required kit (£185.95 for all 5 Adidas shirts, socks, shorts v £295 at my best guess for the Scottish kit, with embroidery).

Obviously it's an enormous difference, so I was wondering if anyone knew of where I can get some or whether I'll need to bit the bullet with the SFA with this one (This is for the 18/19 kit being used in Russia).

The Referee Store
when you join your referee association ask your treasurer or secretary they might be able to help you. or try ebay buy some older kit get the badges removrd

From what I understand, the kit comes embroidered, but a difference of £100 for the same amount of kit, is pretty shocking. I'll be purchasing the tracksuit, etc, from them. But I may well have to go with that route of getting an old kit.

Rather looking forward to it though.

i meant buying an old kit on ebay go in to an alteration shop get the badge removed, double sided sticky tape to attach it to the unbadged shirt

Unfortunately only Hampden sell kits with SFA badges and specsavers sponsorship - as discussed by @jofusref your best bet is to buy one of the old SFA kits (there are a few on ebay) and remove the badges from there. They're ref 14 tops on hampdenretail for £10 each, I think it's still cheaper for you to get your kit from the deal you've described and buy for of the 14 tops.

Once you have qualified/transferred you can purchase shirt badges directly from your association treasurer or direct from the referee department at hampden (not the shop).

The Hampden shop is the only place to get the official kit, currently selling 2016-18 version as SFA have not yet confirmed which 3 colour options they will use from 2018-20 collection... I wouldn't bother buying all 5 available colours as only 3 will be used by the SFA.
The kit from the shop has the badge printed on the left chest pocket, the specsavers logo does not come as standard on the shirt...I believe you can ask for it to be printed on at a cost.

Unofficially there are some companies around Glasgow who will embroider the badge onto your pre bought shirt, however they embroider all the way through the pocket making it unusable.

Is there anywhere I can get hold of the SFA badges for the kit? I'm due to begin refereeing up in Scotland next month and have spotted an excellent deal on getting the required kit (£185.95 for all 5 Adidas shirts, socks, shorts v £295 at my best guess for the Scottish kit, with embroidery).

Obviously it's an enormous difference, so I was wondering if anyone knew of where I can get some or whether I'll need to bit the bullet with the SFA with this one (This is for the 18/19 kit being used in Russia).

I HAVE REFEREE BADGES FOR SALE, SAVES PAYING REDICULOUS PRICESIMG_20190108_003757.jpg

Just jumping in if you don't mind @jofusref houses I'm transferring from English FA to Scottish FA and it didn't occur to me until this morning I'd need a new kit as all mine come with the famoa on the shirt and no way of removing.

Do SFA insist on Adidas kit?
I have never liked it personally.

I assume black is still the regular colour.

Just jumping in if you don't mind @jofusref houses I'm transferring from English FA to Scottish FA and it didn't occur to me until this morning I'd need a new kit as all mine come with the famoa on the shirt and no way of removing.

Assuming you're going to be joining between Cat 7 + 4 Dev you can basically wear whatever kit you want it is only recommended you buy the SFA kit from Hampden if you want to look better - it has nothing to do with promotions etc (this is why you see ammy games on a saturday and some older chaps are kicking about in mitre kits).

When you're Cat 4+ the SFA provide one black kit (I believe).

If you do buy the kit from the SFA you won't get the specsavers on the arms.

as already posted under class 4 can wear any kit if you dont mind looking old fashioned and has a badge on it,
up here wearing coloured kits isnt frowned apon lol generally 3 or choices

Wee bit advice.....dont go overboard with latest kit right now.....

If you have any links to Belgian gear, they might turn out to be more useful!

Back