A&H

Self Reflection

Team officials "occasionally leaving the confines of the technical area without committing another offence""

This is an offence. It is not a verbal offence. If you stop play for it (I wouldn't) how do you restart.

Ifab just didn't know the consequences of naming these indiscretions offences.
I would say dropped ball because not all offences are punished with a free kick. Violent conduct against a spectator is also a dropped ball restart.

The Referee Store
Had the first game since OP. Done a thing I never do and had a talk with the teams before and set the fact that there will be cards even though its a friendly.
finished the game with 0 cards. Might not work for some but so far so good

Am I glad I titled this thread self reflection.
Just done first competitive fixture since football returned. 2006s.
3 reds and my very first mass confrontation.
Will probably expand later but head is fried and have u15s girl game to do now. No time to fee sorry for ourselves eh chaps

well not sure I can even remember most of the game to self reflect, will be using my refsix details for key points.
Yellows vs Oranges 2006. Don’t ever think I had control of the game. Heated from the get go.
Yellow attacker 14 and orange defender 15, constant battle. Both players constant not attempting to play the ball and more trying to run in each others paths. Warned both. Probably should have got both of them in and told them together.

Yellow 14 then talks himself into a card for his dissent. Half time 1-0 yellows. Something must have been said at half time because it was a completely different game.

orange 15 picks himself up a yellow for screaming at me for a decision he felt I should have gave. 4 minutes later picks up his second yellow for taking out yellow 14. I’m happy with both decisions.

Yellow 15 picks up a yellow as twice in a row hes punched the ball away whilst retrieving it for a throw.

then well I’m not sure what happened from here.
62 minutes in, maybe 64 maybe 68 I cannot remember. Orange 10 is clipped and fouled on the centre circle, does not like this at all and gets up and attempts to throw a punch. Defending player then pushes him and everyone gets involved. I firstly attempt the whistle but soon stop as this has no effect.
I will say I will learn from this for sure as me beinf 5’6 trying to see what’s happening in a 22 man brawl was not ideal.
4 minutes of stoppage ensues as coaches take teams apart.

Call over red 10 and show him the red for VC.
(he at this point appears to be holding his eye, obviously someone has connected with him but I had no clue who)

yellow 4 called and booked for his push and one of the two instigators.
Yellow 14 was then shown his second yellow as he had run from 30 yards to get involved. He had been giving loud talk all during the game with the opposition. Orange manager at this point wanted to talk to me on the park, advised him he could do so at the end as the clock was still running. (No idea if I should have let him talk)

At some point during the game, before the mass con, had to speak to orange coach as he believed there was a shove. I explained one arm on the back does not equate a shove. Clearly never listened to your guys advise on here as I maybe should have booked him here however this was during a stop in play unlike OP.

i did constantly hear him from this point shout to his players at every foul, throw in etc that “its inly 1 arm so its allowed” I definitely should have booked him here for the sarcastic comments in regards to my explanation but obviously lost my concentration at this point.

final score yellows 4-1.

yellow coach did talk to me at ft and explain his 14 ran 30 yards to diffuse the situation but was stating he knew he wasn’t trying to argue my decision.

i did wait about but orange coach did not approach.

hardest game I’ve done and definitely questioned if it was worth it.

/rant.

Sounds like fun! There will be some games where no matter what you do the players' behaviour will lead to something major happening, and it sounds like that was probably the case here. Put your feet up, have a glass of something and think about what you did well and what you'd do differently if it happened again.

well not sure I can even remember most of the game to self reflect, will be using my refsix details for key points.
Yellows vs Oranges 2006. Don’t ever think I had control of the game. Heated from the get go.
Yellow attacker 14 and orange defender 15, constant battle. Both players constant not attempting to play the ball and more trying to run in each others paths. Warned both. Probably should have got both of them in and told them together.
One thought as I read this--how many fouls did you call on these two? Looks like a classic example of a place to lower the foul bar and take some air out of their confrontation.

One thought as I read this--how many fouls did you call on these two? Looks like a classic example of a place to lower the foul bar and take some air out of their confrontation.
Honestly would have no idea. I’m not sure there was anyway for me to lower it as I probably gave a foul every time they were near each other

Well didn’t wait long for another mass con.
2005 vs 2006 of the same club. Whats a friendly again?
Match abandoned after 24 minutes. Deary me

Back