A&H

Self Assessment - Name a Positive and a Negative

Darius

RefChat Addict
Let's take a second to look at our own games from today and work out what we did well and what we could have done better.

Positive - Only had to 2 step 2 players which kept them from reaching step 3. Thought I managed them well.

Negative. Lost concentration for 5 mins (75-80 minutes) which meant that I lost control for a few minutes, had to press button back on. Was disappointing because I'd had a good game till then.

Your turn how did you do?

The Referee Store
Was AR today.

Positive - Mobility was good throughout, always managed to be in a credible position for offside calls.

Negative - Need to be more decisive and assertive when indicating freekicks in my area rather than waiting for the referee (when the decision should be mine).

Positive - good credible positions throughout for offside and penalty area offences.

Negative - blew too quick for an offside at the end of match. Number of players off but picked up by onsider. Was borderline but should probably have given advantage to attacking team.

Negative - Got hit by the ball.
Positive - Told by both teams that I was the best ref they have seen for ages ! :)

Negative: Got a broken nose (Not an assault, just bad luck)
Positive: Good man-management

Negative: Got a broken nose (Not an assault, just bad luck)
Boyish good looks - check :)
Non life threatening injury to evoke waves of compassion - check :)
You'll be having to fight off potential partners at this rate ;)
Just remember, you got the injury rescuing a wounded animal, definitely NOT refereeing :D

Negative - Far too lenient dealing with dissent at younger age groups (Must do better!)

Positive - Turn up on time in clean kit :) On a more serious note, despite the hindrance of 2 dodgy knees and a temperamental ankle, I would like to think positioning is good to get the key incident calls correct.

Did 2 games Sunday

Game 1.

Positive - managed players on FOP well, word with skipper just before HT to have word at break to stop the silly niggles or I was bringing cards out - it worked.

Negative - away touch line was a nightmare with their spectators. Should have sorted it at HT.

Game 2.

Positive - good positioning on 2 DOGSO's. One was, one wasn't. Would have been easy to dismiss both if I was wrongly positioned on second.

Negative - 2 games on 3G pitch nearly broke my hip joints and struggled at end of game , and particularly at work last night!

Dodn't you hear? He was rescuing a wounded deer.

Positive: Positioning and flow throughout
Negative: There were stints either side of half time where my fitness lagged a tad.

Can't let that go - what happened to your nose?
Got a clearance full in the face, it's not majorly broken but it's clear it's broken :/ Should probably go up A&E for a scan but can't be bothered

Game 1
Positive - mobility in front of the County RDO (may get a game in the next round)
Negative - managing more when I could have just gone with law and dismissed 3 ;)

Game 2
Positive - mobility (yes 2 days on the trot) and management
Negative - intercepted the ball when moving out of the way

Positive: Fitter than all the players (how did that happen?) including multiple box-to-box-to-box sprints to accommodate weak AR's
Negative: Getting home and away mixed up before the start - away team's kit looks like the one the home team have worn forever, but allegedly changed for this season - it was their first game in it. I should have recognised the manager, who has been senior side secretary since my Dad was a kid.

Last edited:
Back