A&H

Run Tracker whilst refereeing

I'm now stuck between the vivoactive 3 and m430 and google isn't really helping. I wish I could try both before buying!!

The Referee Store
When I was at uni the gold standard was always Polar, the main problem is just getting the blessed things set up, once you get it reading properly they're excellent.

I use a v800, doesn't really help to see your positioning as it just ends up looking like a big bowl of spaghetti.

I've been looking for a way to convert the gps tracking from my games into heat maps, which would show where you're spending the majority of the time, and should give a better idea of your patrol path.

I use a v800, doesn't really help to see your positioning as it just ends up looking like a big bowl of spaghetti.

I've been looking for a way to convert the gps tracking from my games into heat maps, which would show where you're spending the majority of the time, and should give a better idea of your patrol path.

I wouldn't worry about heat maps. They dont tell you anything either as every game is different so where you spend most of your time is dictated by the game rather than being in a set place.

What you can learn from the polar GPS overlay is how wide you got, did you penetrate the area, how far reaching your sprints were. I track max speed, heart rate, distance covered and keep a log. But again many of the variables are not controllables so much of this info is determined by the flow of the game

I have the Garmin vivoactive, and really like it. There is a Ref Watch ap for it (I think it cost 5 pounds or Euros or something like that), which tracks time up and down (you choose which is bigger), vibrates for full time and every 30 seconds after. It also has a stop button track stoppage--which vibrates periodically so you don't forget to to restart it. Easy to set for different game lengths, extra time. It tracks mileage during games. It is not used for tracking game events (different people have different views on that--that part of those watch functions always seemed to me a solution searching for a problem--I can write it much faster than I can mess with a phone). It will give you a map of where you ran during the game on top of a satellite image, but it is not a heat map.
Hi , what is this app called please , I have the Vivoactive . Thanks

Surely the heat map should be just in a perfect circle in the middle of the pitch. I have used Polar and TomTom. My moneys on the tomtom as I hate my new polar and is going to that drawer in the kitchen

Surely the heat map should be just in a perfect circle in the middle of the pitch. I have used Polar and TomTom. My moneys on the tomtom as I hate my new polar and is going to that drawer in the kitchen
Which polar?

I use a Garmin Fenix 5 watch with the Referee Watch app (https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/e0c262ea-6ccf-49ba-99b0-02195a965386). I know that it doesn't do a "heat map" like RefSix, but I really like the app. It records stoppage time and is pretty easy to change times and settings like extra time. So the watch has many of the features of a Spintso but with additional GPS. I don't 100% trust the GPS numbers, but it helps me see where I am running on the field and at least seeing where I'm going on the field at least once.

The Fenix 5 is an awesome watch. It's pricey, but I can swap watch bands and make it look like a formal watch or a sport watch. With a steel band, I can wear it with a suit. Overall, I am a big fan.

Once upon a time, I had an Apple watch (won it in a contest) and tried the RefLive app to keep track of score and cards on my watch. Didn't like it at all. I use a reusable game card (https://www.refereestore.com/reusable-2-sided-score-card-pencil-pen-marker-safe/ game card and really like that. There are some things where I still think writing something on paper (or something similar) is still the best way to go.

Back