A&H

Retirement

He was born abroad, yes. But he is now an English referee in such much that he is registered with the FA. He wasn't brought to England because of his refereeing, rather he chose to relocate to England, I believe because he had signed up for a PhD at Liverpool University. As James has rightly said, when you transfer from England you are placed at an appropriate level, and as a FIFA official and the top referee on the A-League it was decided to put him at SG2. He didn't get promoted to SG2, that was his first assigned level after moving to England. And he stopped working games in Australia because it would have been a bloody long commute, not because he had been promoted to SG2 😂
Imagine the mileage though. 💸💸💸

The Referee Store
Yip, given the exp leaving, would make sense. Prob wont get his euro badge back, but still
Suspect he will go into SG2 next season, along with Ben Toner. They won’t double promote him though regardless of his previous experience.

That’s been dealt with and moved on from. It was a massive overreaction in the first place, or course he shouldn’t have done it but in the grand scheme of misconduct it is very much on the low side.
I know what you are saying but there will always be controversy behind him. Since what he did was posted online or articles were posted online. Hopefully people forget about that and he begins to ref in the premier league again. But the thing we must consider is what we post online will be there forever as if you try to delete something it will be backed up somewhere. So in the future when not if he makes a bad decision in fans eyes it will be brought up again.

I know what you are saying but there will always be controversy behind him. Since what he did was posted online or articles were posted online. Hopefully people forget about that and he begins to ref in the premier league again. But the thing we must consider is what we post online will be there forever as if you try to delete something it will be backed up somewhere. So in the future when not if he makes a bad decision in fans eyes it will be brought up again.
You probably need to get your facts straight. He didn’t post anything online, he sent a private message to someone he thought was a close friend. That “close friend” reported him to The FA for it.

I’ve had some involvement in HR escalations and what he wrote in that message would amount to, at the absolute worst, a written warning in almost all organisations. For whatever reason PGMOL decided to sack him for it, a decision that they now clearly feel was wrong or he would never have been allowed to come back.

The full story is here, it is nothing secret as written by Bobby himself.

You probably need to get your facts straight. He didn’t post anything online, he sent a private message to someone he thought was a close friend. That “close friend” reported him to The FA for it.

I’ve had some involvement in HR escalations and what he wrote in that message would amount to, at the absolute worst, a written warning in almost all organisations. For whatever reason PGMOL decided to sack him for it, a decision that they now clearly feel was wrong or he would never have been allowed to come back.
Rusty I said "Since what he did was posted online or articles were posted online", I implied it was posted online or articles were written about it. One such example is the BBC article I linked when I posted. I understand what you are saying, but as someone who knows very much about 'Online Ethics', I am stating a fact that in the future this mostly likely and will be used against him. Its the same as you posting a picture online of your face and later deleting it, people will find it and use it against you in the future if they feel they need to.

In regards to the HR element that is true but I am not referring to this element. I am referring to the general public and everyday users of the internet.

In computer basics and by various people in position of authorities you are told to be careful with what you yourself or yourself indirectly do online. That is the element I am trying to make it come across not his physical element.

Rusty I said "Since what he did was posted online or articles were posted online", I implied it was posted online or articles were written about it. One such example is the BBC article I linked when I posted. I understand what you are saying, but as someone who knows very much about 'Online Ethics', I am stating a fact that in the future this mostly likely and will be used against him. Its the same as you posting a picture online of your face and later deleting it, people will find it and use it against you in the future if they feel they need to.

In regards to the HR element that is true but I am not referring to this element. I am referring to the general public and everyday users of the internet.

In computer basics and by various people in position of authorities you are told to be careful with what you yourself or yourself indirectly do online. That is the element I am trying to make it come across not his physical element.
Can't think of anyway it could be 'used against him'. It's happened. He's served his punishment.

I was responding to this part of your post …

But the thing we must consider is what we post online will be there forever

Bobby didn’t post anything, that was my point.

I was responding to this part of your post …

But the thing we must consider is what we post online will be there forever

Bobby didn’t post anything, that was my point.
I didn't say that if you look in first paragraph i talked about the articles posted about him. I just put that statement in there as advice.

On a purely selfish level, as a supporter of a league 1 team, I hope he doesn’t get promoted as he is the best referee at this level by a country mile.

but of course I want to see him back in the Premier League where he should be.

On a purely selfish level, as a supporter of a league 1 team, I hope he doesn’t get promoted as he is the best referee at this level by a country mile.

but of course I want to see him back in the Premier League where he should be.
You might get lucky and they put him on a probatory period where he still refs league 1 but also temporary in SG2 or SG1.

Back