A&H

Referee retention idea

The Referee Store
I Propose making any individual "Convicted" of referee Abuse be made do the introductory course and then must referee 12, so they understand that it is not the easy number many believe it is :):):)

Its only Monday and Ref Appts officer has already asked me to to do another WNL Reserve game next week.

I won't tell you what he said when I told him I already have 2 County Cup ties to do!

Also County have already asked for more referees for County Cup ties as they can't cover them all.

I'm away this weekend, but even if I was at home I wouldn't be doing anything unless I can get some fuel between now and then. I've already scrapped the idea to drive oop North and paid through the nose for late train tickets.

There's a lot less petrol stations per car / person in London than anywhere else, and I suspect a lot of clubs / players / match officials will be struggling to games this weekend.

Had my match tonight called off - it was touch-and-go due to a covid outbreak in the home team anyway, then the fuel issues hitting was enough to tip it over the edge.

During the 10 years I was referee, quite possibly the most toxic and worst behaved team (on & off the pitch) I ever had the displeasure of crossing paths with was managed by a serving police sergeant. :mad: :wall::redcard:

Weather permitting (biblical levels of rain over Cornwall today) I'm out tonight. Swpl has already said no postponements due to fuel... But the weather might play its part anyway...

O
Weather permitting (biblical levels of rain over Cornwall today) I'm out tonight. Swpl has already said no postponements due to fuel... But the weather might play its part anyway...
I've got a Southern League Line tonight. One of the games not impacted, as it's a relatively local derby.

Think the South East of England has been worst affected with the fuel shortage, like I said before the number of fuel stations per vehicle is much lower than other parts of the UK. I'm certainly not going anywhere, football or otherwise, as every petrol station I tried today was closed. I'm now at the point that I have so little fuel I can't head out unless I know my local station is open as I have singular miles left according to the trip computer.

My (now) local Southern Premier League side have tweeted that the home side have cancelled tonight's game due to the national fuel crises however they were all set to travel down.

Obviously the home team players may have travelling to do and thats probably why it's off but the away side are clearly indicating that they think its been cancelled due to their current good form and its an easy excuse....

Just had a 'heads up' from the club that my Isthmian Development game might not be on tomorrow, if the forecast rain arrives tomorrow:(

Just had a 'heads up' from the club that my Isthmian Development game might not be on tomorrow, if the forecast rain arrives tomorrow:(
Surely not?
We had hell of a lot of rain here yesterday and the pitch was never even in doubt.
It's been so dry that the pitches aren't saturated as yet and can hold a fair amount of water before even a shower calls a game off.

Had a lot of rain here as well.

Do think the Isthmian clubs always have half an eye on the first team, when considering the conditions for the Youth (U18) and Development (U23) games. Fair enough I guess, especially as club sec in this case has admitted that 'protecting the condition of the pitch' will be a consideration in any decision. The forecast rain is a factor as well.

Had a lot of rain here as well.

Do think the Isthmian clubs always have half an eye on the first team, when considering the conditions for the Youth (U18) and Development (U23) games. Fair enough I guess, especially as club sec in this case has admitted that 'protecting the condition of the pitch' will be a consideration in any decision. The forecast rain is a factor as well.
No doubt that is the case. I am no groundsman but I'd have thought having a backlog of games to recover later in the season is probably just as damaging to the pitch.

Back