A&H

Referee promotion

Applying this year for 7-5. County FA have advised the following

7-6 to be completed by 30th September
Referee a minimum of 20 games.
To have been observed on a minimum of 3 occasions.
Attend a promotion seminar and pass a written test in the Laws of the Game.
Ensure both your administration and availability is good.

Provided this has been completed and the observations are up to standard, the promotion board will be asked to permit you To then go for 6-5.

The criteria for 6-5 is:

Referee a minimum of 20 games
Be an Assistant Referee on a minimum of 5 games (at Wessex League/FA or County FA cups) To be observed on a minimum of 3 occasions.
Pass a written test on the Laws of the Game at 6-5.

The Referee Store
Applying this year for 7-5. County FA have advised the following

7-6 to be completed by 30th September
Referee a minimum of 20 games.
To have been observed on a minimum of 3 occasions.
Attend a promotion seminar and pass a written test in the Laws of the Game.

Provided this has been completed and the observations are up to standard, the promotion board will be asked to permit you To then go for 6-5.

The criteria for 6-5 is:

Referee a minimum of 20 games
Be an Assistant Referee on a minimum of 5 games (at Wessex League/FA or County FA cups) To be observed on a minimum of 3 occasions.
Pass a written test on the Laws of the Game at 6-5.
I'm taking it slow and steady just want to get to level 6

Applied and payed can't wait to start the process seems very daunting
Don’t worry yourself, 7-6 is just a normal season. Do your games as you usually would, any assessments you’ll be prewarned about it so you’ve got time to triple check everything before the game. LOTG test I was in a room of about 25 people, everybody passed.

Don’t worry yourself, 7-6 is just a normal season. Do your games as you usually would, any assessments you’ll be prewarned about it so you’ve got time to triple check everything before the game. LOTG test I was in a room of about 25 people, everybody passed.
Thanks mate

In fact what is the major differences in level 7 to 6 (if any)?

None that I noticed.

I started getting a few more "cheeky" games, but that could just be down to having amassed more experience and having proven myself over previous seasons than specifically to do with getting my level 6.

Depending how your county works you may find yourself getting some more county cup games, and also the possibility of being appointed to the early stages of things like the youth FA cup etc, but that will depend on where you live and whether there are any competing teams local to you

Back