A&H

Referee Inactive - Training 4.22

Happy feet ...

My new trainers seem a lot bigger than their predecessors even though they're the same brand. My wife says they make my feet look smaller. Either way I got through training tonight with the minimum of fuss, apart from feeling heavy legged and it being a little too warm for comfort.

After the warm up we kept it simple by running for 2 minutes and walking for 1 minute, repeated 4 times (total running time 8 minutes), then took a 2 minute rest before repeating the same exercise but running anti clockwise instead of clockwise. A rest of 2 1/2 minutes this time and then we repeated the same 4 runs again.

With the season starting on Saturday and a few other things lined up, it's going to be difficult to train regularly over the next 5 weeks. On Monday we have our local equivalent of the Community Shield where the winners of our District FA Cup play the winners of the adjacent District FA. With David away I'm looking after collecting the gate money, keeping the car park tidy, presenting the trophies and other bits and pieces. Fortunately I have an experienced team of colleagues who will be alongside me helping to do the same.

Before then I have my first assessment of the season in the Doncaster area. The game is between a team relegated from the Premier Division at the end of last season and a team who challenged for one of the promotion places into the Premier Division until the latter stages of the season. My second assessment is on Tuesday, so the current plan is to train on Sunday and Wednesday next week.

I'm off work on Thursday and then have a busy weekend planned, but more of that later.

Calories 989, average heart rate 78%, time in hard intensity 37%, time in maximum intensity 1%

1430959096615306100-925769438035204606

Continue reading...

The Referee Store
Back