A&H

Referee Inactive - Training 4.21

And into the bin they go ...

It's been a busy couple of days as the start of the season approaches. I tidied up a presentation intended as an introduction to the assessment process and sent it on to someone who might use it. Yesterday saw the arrival of my first assessment appointments of the season so they were accepted this morning. I also did some work on getting the marks together for submission to the County FA in support of our local promotion candidates.

I also squeezed in notification of my very limited availability for assessing in September and an update on some administration for a forthcoming new referee's course. This course is slightly different for me as it's the first where I won't actually be delivering any training, just supporting through the Course Leader. It will be different but fun.

The final event was attending a meeting of the Association of Northern Counties East League Match Officials. It was held at Rossington just outside Doncaster and involved an 80 mile round trip but I got to meet up with quite a few of the referees I'll be assessing this season, as well as a number of League Officials. Everyone seemed to be keyed up ready for the kick off on Saturday!

On to tonight's training session and for the first time in a while, I had a training partner with Paul returning from his holiday. On Sunday I had completed a number of DIY tasks around the house and garden including washing out the conservatory gutters for the first time in 7 years. I got absolutely soaked and my trainers were saturated, so I left them in the conservatory to dry out.

Unfortunately they didn't fare well and actually smelt so bad that my wife was nearly sick. So after tonight's training session, they went straight into the bin! As for the training we ran for 12 minutes, rested for 3 minutes, ran for 12 minutes,, rested for 3 minutes and then with both of us feeling the pace, we ran for 6 minutes and called it a night. I was having a few problems with my calf and hamstring while Paul was struggling with his hamstring. Both of us were finding running in the heat a real issue. When we got back to the car, the dashboard temperature was 26C (79f) - phew! Time to shop for new trainers!!!

Calories 1026, average heart rate 82%, time in hard intensity 39%, time in maximum intensity 7% - hard session!

1430959096615306100-1503563120206214774

Continue reading...

The Referee Store
Back