A&H

Referee Inactive - Party Week

Having spent last Friday and Saturday at Alton Towers, 8 hours walking around on Friday and 7 on Saturday, I turned out early on Sunday to help set up a Basic Course for New Referees.

I was providing admin support rather than tutoring which felt a little strange. I still chipped in occasionally and the day went well with a very responsive group. That's more than I can say for many of my colleagues who frequent the Discussion Board of the Referee's Association. Recently there has been an outbreak of disrespect with some posts stepping way over the mark of decency and unlikely to present a good impression of refereeing to any first time visitors. So I'm avoiding the Board and leaving the posters to fight it out among themselves.

Meanwhile I celebrated my birthday yesterday with a nice meal and quiet drink. Tonight it's my wedding anniversary so I've treated the family to takeaway and we'll be having another quiet drink later. Friday sees us heading to my in-laws to celebrate their Ruby Wedding Anniversary, so this week really has been party time.

I still have some work to do as I carry out my 3rd Supply League assessment of the season tomorrow (Wednesday) night. Next week is busy as well with the opening Referee's Association meeting of the season when I am presenting on the Law changes for the 2011-12 season. Tuesday is the first full meeting of the Sunday League for which I am Fixture Secretary and then Wednesday sees me at the first District FA meeting of the new season.

So training is taking a back seat for now, but I'll be back at it soon!
1430959096615306100-6701074086006155469

Continue reading...

The Referee Store
Back