A&H

Referee Inactive - International Break

My start to the season has been stop-start with various family commitments meaning that I haven't been available on as many Saturdays as I would have liked. They also prevented me from attending Day 2 of a new referee's course back in the middle of August.

Professional footballers have suffered from this stop-start nature to their season for a number of years with the introduction of an international window in early September to allow for the playing of "friendlies" and qualifying games for international competitions such as the FIFA World Cup. It seems that the various federations around the world have recognised that no one wants to have an expensive Argentinian international in their team, if he's going to be unavailable for 6 games a season because of international duty and have synchronised their games and competitions to minimise the impact on the domestic competitions.

My own season is entering an international break as I am flying out to Rhodes next Thursday in readinness for my daughter's wedding. I'm trying to get back into training this evening for the last few sessions after my programme was blighted by illness and injury for the last few weeks. Expecting to be in pain tomorrow ...
1430959096615306100-2878837665940363516

Continue reading...

The Referee Store
Back