A&H

Referee Inactive - Assorted things

Back in May, I was Course Leader on Basic Course for New Referees and the local ITV news programme (Calendar) wanted to film the course for part of a short series of specials on refereeing in grassroots football. I was interviewed for part of the programme and the interview was broadcast on Thursday. The clip can be seen here. Thanks to Umar for finding the clip.

On Friday I was advised that my application for the role of Moderator on the Referee's Association Discussion Board (Forum) had been accepted, so that's something new to look after.

Also on Friday I was notified of a late addition to our lowest division in the local Sunday League. As Fixture Secretary, I had to revise the division's fixtures for the season. This came on the back of registering almost 1200 players, including 900 retained, 100 transfers and 200 new players from Thursday through to Saturday evening.

Yesterday, I took a long trip south to do my last assessment for the next 3 weeks. The last time I went to this ground I arrived 5 minutes before kick off. I had been at another ground but another assessor turned up, so I contacted the co-ordinator and shot off south by another 35 miles. Yesterday's 98 mile round trip was much more sedate and it was a decent game to watch as well.

The last action was updating all of the Team Administrators who receive SMS messages so they can report in their scores, after registering all the suspensions carried over from last season. It seems this season has got off to an interesting start with at least 3 dismissals and one abandonment in the 24 games played this morning ... welcome back Sunday football!

Now football is shutting down for three weeks as I go on holiday and attend my daughter's wedding on Rhodes. See you all later!!!
1430959096615306100-5427470253878785476

Continue reading...

The Referee Store
Back