A&H

RefChat is now a teenager

Ross

Forum VAR
Staff member
Level 6 Referee
FA Referee
IMG_2047.jpeg

RefChat is now officially a teenager! 13 years ago today, in a cabin on a rooftop in London, RefChat was born

Just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you all for the support, I had no idea it’d still be going strong after all these years

The Referee Store
Thank you, @Ross for having the foresight, determination and skills to set it up.

i may only be a lowly level six rummaging around amongst the weeds of grassroots football, but I know that I am a better referee because of this forum.

All the best for those difficult teenage years!!

Thank you, @Ross for having the foresight, determination and skills to set it up.

i may only be a lowly level six rummaging around amongst the weeds of grassroots football, but I know that I am a better referee because of this forum.

All the best for those difficult teenage years!!

I think this is the natural home for the grassroots rummager. I don't know where I'd be without it.

No matter your level this is a fantastic resource! @Ross and co should be very proud of what you have achieved and what you continue to provide.
Couldn't agree more. It's helped me get where I am today and I love the fact that I can both learn from being on here and hopefully help others a little as well. Here's to many more years!

Didn't we all migrate here from another forum? That's my recollection at least.

I remember the launch 😆
You made me go and look (for the first time ever). I joined March 2011, so looks like I discovered it shortly after launch!

Like others, I've learned a lot from here over the years, and even where I might not have, it's at least made me think. Onwards and upwards!

Just looked and I've apparently now been here for just short of 11 years! :oops:

It can be lonely out there as a L7 with no local RA, so this forum has been a great sounding board for me and I'm certain I'm a better referee for having been here. Massive thank you to Ross (and all the other mods) for keeping it going!

Back